Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 60 and 14: Klitschko Continues To Extend His Reign

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its hard to hate on Klitschko as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      Your premise is off. Wlad fought differently in that fight. For a 6'6, 250 pound man, he wasted too much energy on Brewster, as if he were a Lighter weight type of a fighter. He tired himself out. To Brewster's credit, he had a granite chin and survived long enough to witness Wlad gassing out, and he rightfully capitalized on it.

Since then, Stewart has helped Wlad perfect his Tall-man style of fighting, and made him a more effective fighter. Nothing wrong with that.

Which means that he is not fighting down to the level of his competition. He is fighting above their level, by not letting them in and giving them a chance when he doesn't have to. Even though it's just semantics, your wording is still wrong. Fighting to their level would mean not fighting like a tall fighter and trying to brawl.

Which is a good thing. Completely unnecessary. Would you ask Shaq O'neal to abandon his Center position and play like Kobe Bryant by being a point guard. No, of course not.

Not completely true, but yes something like that.

Pavlik? If he was Pavlik, he would've gotten school by now. Pavlik is more of a brawler, than a world class boxer like Wlad. I know you didn't mean that.

I hope not.
      The Pavlik comparison was is a viable one. Pavlik was all 1-2 punch his whole career. Remember Pavlik vs Taylor 1? So is W. Klitschko. All left jab straight right hand. He has switched it up a bit and had a random left hook KO once in a great while, but not often. It's all 1-2 right hand lights out. The difference i was claiming is Pavlik never got laid out in a KO, but W. Klitschko got laid out 3 times by KO. They bought fought long, lean similar fighting style for their weightclass, namely LONG, BIG fighters for their weightclass. It's a reasonable comparison.

Klitschko has optimized his whole career off the last Brewster loss. Emmanuel Steward is the reason for this. He saw a GIANT version of the Hitman Hearns in front of him, and realized this is how to maximize the fighter he had. No more KO losses while I am in the corner. Now he is dead RIP Steward and we will see what happens now with Banks the protege in the corner. I guarantee you it won't get remotely the same results without Steward there.

Comment

Originally posted by mrosborne View Post
        Exactly Ravens Fan.

Anyone with dynamite in the hands sparked W. Klitschko. They all did. Who since has? That's the whole idea. He hasn't fought anyone with dynamite in his hands since his last KO. I guess you could argue that David Haye was the last KO threat that fit the description, but wtf did Haye do except run away and lose the fight? Broken toe or not, that was a terrible fight.
        You may have had a point if Wlad was in fact sparked by Brewster and Puritty. But since he clearly wasn't you really have no point.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
          You may have had a point if Wlad was in fact sparked by Brewster and Puritty. But since he clearly wasn't you really have no point.
          All those fights you mentioned fundamentally changed him as a fighter up until May 2013 at the time of this post. I don't see your point here,

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
            Its hard to hate on Klitschko as time goes on.
            History will recognize him as a good champion. But not a exciting one. Being dominant as a HW doesn't equal being EXCITING as a HW champion.

Comment

The Pavlik comparison was is a viable one. Pavlik was all 1-2 punch his whole career. Remember Pavlik vs Taylor 1? So is W. Klitschko. All left jab straight right hand. He has switched it up a bit and had a random left hook KO once in a great while, but not often. It's all 1-2 right hand lights out. The difference i was claiming is Pavlik never got laid out in a KO, but W. Klitschko got laid out 3 times by KO. They bought fought long, lean similar fighting style for their weightclass, namely LONG, BIG fighters for their weightclass. It's a reasonable comparison.

Not it's not a reasonable comparison. There are 0 similarities. If you allow yourself to get outboxed by Jermain Taylor and schooled by Hopkins, you're not even in the same vicinity as Wlad Klitschko. Wlad Klitschko has proven that he can handle any style and produce the same result. There is literally nobody that would "have his number" stylistically. They may beat him (lucky punch, him getting gassed etc,.), but 9 times out of 10, he would win, theoretically speaking. It's almost not worth addressing but I did anyway, which will be the last time.

Klitschko has optimized his whole career off the last Brewster loss. Emmanuel Steward is the reason for this.
              Yes, and I've already said this in so many words, except my explanation didn't have the bad connotation behind it as yours. Steward PERFECTED HIS TALL-MAN FIGHTING STYLE. There is nothing wrong with that. He taught him to do MORE with LESS, and achieve the same results. A more Conservative fighter. Wlad is not meant to fight and move around like a Welterweight. This is a good thing, despite your efforts to paint it as a negative.

Comment

History will recognize him as a good champion. But not a exciting one. Being dominant as a HW doesn't equal being EXCITING as a HW champion.

"Exciting" is subjective. There are great films out there and someone will dismiss them as simply "boring" for numerous reasons, without really qualifying it. Has nothing to do with the quality of the film (the dialogue, the storyline, acting, visuals etc,.), but the personality of the person making that claim.

Show me a boring movie, and I will show you a great movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Not it's not a reasonable comparison. There are 0 similarities. If you allow yourself to get outboxed by Jermain Taylor and schooled by Hopkins, you're not even in the same vicinity as Wlad Klitschko. Wlad Klitschko has proven that he can handle any style and produce the same result. There is literally nobody that would "have his number" stylistically. They may beat him (lucky punch, him getting gassed etc,.), but 9 times out of 10, he would win, theoretically speaking. It's almost not worth addressing but I did anyway, which will be the last time.

Yes, and I've already said this in so many words, except my explanation didn't have the bad connotation behind it as yours. Steward PERFECTED HIS TALL-MAN FIGHTING STYLE. There is nothing wrong with that. He taught him to do MORE with LESS, and achieve the same results. A more Conservative fighter. Wlad is not meant to fight and move around like a Welterweight. This is a good thing, despite your efforts to paint it as a negative.
                  How can you even say that? Wlad got Ko'ed 3 times when fighting with the same style as Pavlik. Pavlik stood up to beatdowns, Wlad got KO'ed, when he himself was fighting with a very similar 1-2 style. Wlad never faced a "Hopkins of the Heavyweights". Pavlik faced the Hopkins of Mw/LHW, which existed. I
                  fail to see the point here. I guess you could say James Toney would be a "Hopkins of Heavyweights" type style if anyone could, but cmon due. Wlad has NEVER been tested in about 8 years. Ever. Not even close.

Comment

How can you even say that? Wlad got Ko'ed 3 times when fighting with the same style as Pavlik. Pavlik stood up to beatdowns, Wlad got KO'ed, when he himself was fighting with a very similar 1-2 style. Wlad never faced a "Hopkins of the Heavyweights". Pavlik faced the Hopkins of Mw/LHW, which existed. I
                    fail to see the point here. I guess you could say James Toney would be a "Hopkins of Heavyweights" type style if anyone could, but cmon due. Wlad has NEVER been tested in about 8 years. Ever. Not even close.
                    No substance in this post. Comparing Pavlik/Wlad is apples and oranges. I'll finish this with:

Last edited by cupocity303; 05-05-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

All those fights you mentioned fundamentally changed him as a fighter up until May 2013 at the time of this post. I don't see your point here,
                      I actually agree with you because Wlad began to fight smarter so he wouldn't gas. I also have to wonder if you have ever even watched the Puritty and the first Brewster fight. And did I really see that you compared Wlad to Pavlik? Wow, as much as I liked Kelly that is beyond laughable.

Comment

Working...
                      X