Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Guerrero Post Fight Discussions. POST HERE. NO NEW THREADS!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mugicha View Post

All three judges gave rounds 7 and 12 to the Ghost. Two gave him the 1st, and the remaining judge gave him the second.

As for the 12th, usually when a guy runs the entire 12th round he forfeits the round. Rightfully so imo.
    Did he run the entire round though? Its pretty fresh in my memory and He definitely ran for portions of it, but he also landed some wicked shots whereas RG wasnt landing anything.

The first two, maybe ill watch them back. I thought they were pretty clear tbh, they were opening rounds so they arent going to be completely one sided but it was Mayweather again landing the better shots and making Guerrero miss by quite a long way at points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mugicha View Post
      Rounds 1, 2, and Floyd gave away round 12.
      12 I can understand, because Mayweather spent most of it running, but rounds 1 and 2 were just Mayweather kicking the crap out of Guerrero with the right hand. They were obvious Mayweather rounds IMO.

Comment

• Ah man it was a horrible fight. Just terrible. Guerrero didn't go for it. Just tried getting him against the ropes every round and landing a few.

Comment

• Originally posted by adayin73 View Post
          Ah man it was a horrible fight. Just terrible. Guerrero didn't go for it. Just tried getting him against the ropes every round and landing a few.
          Few fighters have been able to not be picked apart, while not landing much, aginst Mayweather...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Did he run the entire round though? Its pretty fresh in my memory and He definitely ran for portions of it, but he also landed some wicked shots whereas RG wasnt landing anything.

The first two, maybe ill watch them back. I thought they were pretty clear tbh, they were opening rounds so they arent going to be completely one sided but it was Mayweather again landing the better shots and making Guerrero miss by quite a long way at points.
            That's just something I've noticed as somewhat customary. Mayweather was clearly looking to just cruise the last round and not take risks. Usually the fighter forfeits the round in the judges eyes by doing this, and this case was no exception. That was my take away.

As for my scoring, that was how I saw it at the time. Mayweather is always a slow starter. I thought the Ghost took round 1. Round two Mayweather was already starting to get going, but I gave it to the Ghost narrowly. I don't have a problem with people giving the rounds to Mayweather. It seems that the 7th was the most consensus round for the Ghost. I sort of missed it. I don't know if I even saw the entire round.

Comment

• I'm absolutely disgusted by the robbery from the Rosado-Love fight. Love won 3 rounds at best and he was exposed. Disgusting.

Mares and Leo Santa Cruz laying it down like always.

As most of us knew from the start, Guerrero was a complete no-hoper and it was a very typical Mayweather fight.

Comment

• Havent seen the fight yet, is it worth watching or is it just the boring mismatch I said it would be?

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  Havent seen the fight yet, is it worth watching or is it just the boring mismatch I said it would be?
                  The 3 undercard fights were great as I expected they would be. Love getting exposed but still winning was laughable though. Mares-Ponce & Santa Cruz-Munoz where action packed the whole way through.

The Floyd fight was boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                    Havent seen the fight yet, is it worth watching or is it just the boring mismatch I said it would be?
                    It was right hand after right hand after right hand for 12 rounds. Guerrero didn't fight very well, totally outclassed.

Comment

• i'd like to thank my lord and savior jesus christ for making me get hit with 60% of mayweather's power punches

Comment

Working...
                      X