Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Would You Pick To Beat Ghost At 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guerrero would beat everyone probably. The best and closest fights would be Garcia and Lucas probably.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Tough to say, we've only seen him against Berto and Aydin above 135. Those guys at 140 all have different styles and bring something different to the ring, Matthysse reminds me a lot of Aydin though.

Guerrero beats Matthysse, Rios, Alvarado, Khabib.

Depends which Judah shows up. Judah is old and past prime, none of these new blood 140 guys have been able to do all that great against him like the 2006-2008 top WW's did. Then again that just proves my point that Judah was never a WW to begin with, despite winning The Ring title there.

Peterson, Khan and Garcia would be tough fights. I don't know if the speed of Guerrero's punches would allow him to catch Khan good enough. If Khan is faster than you, and you do not have one punch power, you're in for a long night.
      Ghost hasnt shown much speed at WW but I thought he has good hand speed at LW. At 140 I think he looks faster than he does at WW. I actually wouldnt be shocked if he looked a lil faster against Floyd. I think he will look faster each fight at the weight. With that being said, I think he goes to 140 after Floyd ices him

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        who have the guys at 140 beat? Seriously
        fighters "better than aydin or berto" thats for sure

Comment

The only guys out there that can beat him are Pac, Mayweather, and Broner. Guerrero beats everyone at 140, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            who have the guys at 140 beat? Seriously
            Yeah, but what puts Guerrero above them? Berto? Aydin? he'd be in the mix at 140, not standout.

People don't talk about 140 being a great division because it's full of atgs, it's more because there are a lot of good fighters boxing to a similar level (possible exception of Matthysse). Guerrero would be in that same bracket were he at 140 imo.

Comment

I'd pick Broner, Matthysse, Marquez, Bradley to beat Guerrero.

The only thing Guerrero has proven thus far is that he's at least a better challenger and fighter than Victor Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Pacquiao would light Guerrero up. Marquez might well outbox him although he looked at little small at the weight. Bradley might outbox him too.

You obviously rate Guerrero highly, I'm not convinced based upon his opposition.
                I dont care about his opposition. His style combined with his size, says allot to me. Bradley just went life and death with a bum, and Ghost is faster than Bradley, and hits hard enough to hurt him. Bradley wont even get close enough, it would be like a little baby trying to land. But he could brawl with Bradley and crash his little jaw, easy.

Marquez is old, small, bulky, and slow. That little slow ass dude aint outboxing no Ghost at ww. He waaay too slow, but he MAY be the only one who can test his chin.

Before the Marquez fight, I said that Pac would be too small to hurt the Ghost. Maybe he can cut him up and get a TKO stoppage. But Ghost will NOT respect his power. Ghost was staggering against Berto, and didnt even clinch or anything. I was the ONLY one who said he was on roids, and I believe that. At ww, this guy Ghost is a PROBLEM, And I HATE the guy. But I was also the one who said that Floyd shouldnt fight him, if a fight with Pac was on the horizon, and easier for Floyd to win. Beat a guy and get credit for it. Dont beat Ghost, a guy who people underrate, and get no credit for it.
                Last edited by MurkaMan; 04-29-2013, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Let's just say he would be in the mix with the top guys at 140. Who beats who really is impossible to say. 140 is a shark tank.

Comment

i would pick peterson

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                      I dont care about his opposition. His style combined with his style, says allot to me. Bradley just went life and death with a bum, and Ghost is faster than Bradley, and hits hard enough to hurt him. Bradley wont even get close enough, it would be like a little baby trying to land. But he could brawl with Bradley and crash his little jaw, easy.

Marquez is old, small, bulky, and slow. That little slow ass dude aint outboxing no Ghost at ww. He waaay too slow, but he MAY be the only one who can test his chin.

Before the Marquez fight, I said that Pac would be too small to hurt the Ghost. Maybe he can cut him up and get a TKO stoppage. But Ghost will NOT respect his power. Ghost was staggering against Berto, and didnt even clinch or anything. I was the ONLY one who said he was on roids, and I believe that. At ww, this guy Ghost is a PROBLEM, And I HATE the guy. But I was also the one who said that Floyd shouldnt fight him, if a fight with Pac was on the horizon, and easier for Floyd to win. Beat a guy and get credit for it. Dont beat Ghost, a guy who people underrate, and get no credit for it.
                      Yeah that worked out well for Margarito and Cotto...

I think Guerrero is a good fighter, not exceptional at this point anyway. I'm not a particular fan of his but I don't dislike him either. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X