Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Would You Pick To Beat Ghost At 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    Marquez is waaay too bulky, small, and slow for Ghost. Bradley couldnt even hurt That russian. Man Ghost would be waaay too huge for Bradley. And Ghost can box, walk through shots, however you want it.

Alvarado is a bum, Zab is Zab, and too small. Peterson is tough, and Lucas has power, but I dont even think Lucas can hurt Ghost.

I said this a long time ago, NO one at or around 47, can beat Ghost. He's just too durable, and versitile. Even when Berto had him staggering, he didnt even clinch, or care. He had a mean face, while healing up. I thought/think he is on roids, because of how big he got. I actually think Floyd is the only one who can beat ww version of Ghost. And his power at ww, is tremendous. He deserved a 3rd round TKO over Berto. That fight should have been stopped. And all of this is coming from a guy who HATES Ghost.
    mehhh, that said, I cant argue with you, you rate guerrero too high

Comment

he beat aydin and berto .... hmmn

he aint beating mathysse, petersen, garcia, rios , khan, alvarado, bradley or jmm ( i know they're a ww now )

hell , not even sure he beats provodnikov.. he might beat kell brook at ww

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Yeah that worked out well for Margarito and Cotto...

I think Guerrero is a good fighter, not exceptional at this point anyway. I'm not a particular fan of his but I don't dislike him either. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring this weekend.
        Margarita was a bum coming off a bum fight in Mexico, and destruction to Mosley. And he was drained too wasnt he? I give Pac credit for Cotto, but Cotto was not the same fighter at 47, being drained, and coming off the bricks massacre(BUT, I still give Pac credit for the Cotto win!).

And we have to remember, Cotto actually lost to Margarita, who is a slower, one dimensional version of Ghost. Their almost the same fighter, with the exception of Ghost being waaaay better.

I hate it when people who dont know boxing, say this is a cherrypick. This is Floyd's best opponent in years. If Floyd does dominate him, to me, it would just show me that Floyd is that good. Because this is a solid guy, and I actually hate Ghost & want him to get a year in prison after the fight. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
          mehhh, that said, I cant argue with you, you rate guerrero too high
          Its not that I rate him, I just think about those points in the Berto fight, where he was staggering, but instead of clinching, he just had a mean facial expression, while disrespecting Berto's power.

I was the only one who said I felt he was on roids. I factor that in with how big he has gotten. Kid is huge. Then I think about how he can box, brawl, swarm. His accuracy. And he makes these small adjustments on the fly.

Like when he threw a straight left, and Berto slipped it. So he instantly, feinted like he was going to throw it again, and threw a looping shot, and staggered Berto.

I hate Ghost, and look forward to him doing his one year in Riker's Island, but his size combined with his abilities, makes him a veeery tough opponent at WW. I actually think he dominates all of those slow ass little bitty fighters that I named.

Comment

The top 3 would all be good, close fights. Guerrero could beat them all, they could all beat him.

Comment

People forget that even though the ghost beat Katsidis, that kats was hitting robert's body HARD and could have turned the fight around had he just pushed a little more. The Ghost was definitely feeling those punches so imagine what peterson or matthyse do to him. For some reason people put Berto so high subconsciously that anyone that beats him suddenly becomes a force to be reckoned with, which is just untrue.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime 407 View Post
                People forget that even though the ghost beat Katsidis, that kats was hitting robert's body HARD and could have turned the fight around had he just pushed a little more. The Ghost was definitely feeling those punches so imagine what peterson or matthyse do to him. For some reason people put Berto so high subconsciously that anyone that beats him suddenly becomes a force to be reckoned with, which is just untrue.
                The thing is, Ghost is HUGE now. I think the kid is juicing myself. When he was staggering against Berto, he didnt even care about clinching. He didnt even realize he was getting hurt. Roids make you heal fast, and make you determined. I dont see anyone being able to knock him cold with one punch. If all you can do is daze him or stagger him, I dont think it will matter. He been getting bigger, and bigger, every day since the Aidyn fight. I noticed during the promotion for the Berto fight. And standing next to Floyd he was HUGE. And when they put out pics of him training, he was even bigger. I expect for a dirty test to pop up, or for him to suffer in the fight, due to him not being able to take roids, but he looks like he is still doing something to increase his size.

Comment

So pacman would lose against him? Wow, you guys are pretty dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                    Ghost has PHENOMENAL one punch power. He earned a 3rd round stoppage over Berto, and it should have been stopped. He dropped him with ease. Ghost just has to walk through Khan, and its a 2 round fight at the most. And I HATE Ghost. But I think this fight with Floyd is an excellent fight, and the best opponent Floyd has fought in a while.
                    Name 5 top 10 fighters he showed his one punch power against.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Name 5 top 10 fighters he showed his one punch power against.
                      He only fought twice at WW, which is the only weight class I care about. But like I said before, he deserved a 3rd round stoppage over Berto. Dropped him, and closed his eyes. Ortiz actually got dropped by Berto and never came close to stopping him.

Comment

Working...
                      X