Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has Lucas Matthyse done to make him an elite fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
    Honestly, people are just talking about Lucas. Garcia loses to Khan in the rematch in the opinions of most here. Smh while Matthysse is the baddest guy on the damn planet from what I've seen as of late.
    Garcia has a pretty solid following and is growing in popularity. If dude could just speak up for himself and get his old man to pipe down, he'd have a bunch more fans (as sad of a fact as that really is).

I was impressed with his mental toughness on Saturday, he really showed that he can dig in when the going gets tough and stick it through.

The Matthysse hype, to me, comes from his power punching. He just has that mysterious power thing going and the rat tail that makes him look like a rainforest warrior or something. Lucas has a sloppy technique imo but I noticed he adjusts in fights pretty well, that's the most impressive thing about him to me.

I just don't like the vibe from Garcia's promotional team. I don't think they want him facing the winner of Matthysse/Peterson imo. If he had gone out there and absolutely killed Judah, then maybe but they are already talking about him making a "swift" jump to 147 when he is supposed to be a part of this 140 tourney thing. Something fishy is going on, I suspect shortly after the Peterson fight, they will announce a move to 147....could be wrong of course but I would not be surprised in the slightest if they did it.

Comment

You know what's the thing, Peterson had been down before a few times and that makes for a bad night if he trades Lucas. Foty candidate for sure.
      Worst case scenario for fight fans is that Peterson gets off to his typical slow start, takes a huge punch, and gets stopped before he ever gets started. He's susceptible to getting hurt early. Happened against Bradley, happened against Ortiz, didn't start well against either Khan or Holt.

I don't think that happens, and I'm hoping it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Worst case scenario for fight fans is that Peterson gets off to his typical slow start, takes a huge punch, and gets stopped before he ever gets started. He's susceptible to getting hurt early. Happened against Bradley, happened against Ortiz, didn't start well against either Khan or Holt.

Yea. Seems like it takes a few rounds for him to get going.

SN: FSU had a record 11 guys drafted!!! We are headed back!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Garcia has a pretty solid following and is growing in popularity. If dude could just speak up for himself and get his old man to pipe down, he'd have a bunch more fans (as sad of a fact as that really is).

I was impressed with his mental toughness on Saturday, he really showed that he can dig in when the going gets tough and stick it through.

The Matthysse hype, to me, comes from his power punching. He just has that mysterious power thing going and the rat tail that makes him look like a rainforest warrior or something. Lucas has a sloppy technique imo but I noticed he adjusts in fights pretty well, that's the most impressive thing about him to me.

I just don't like the vibe from Garcia's promotional team. I don't think they want him facing the winner of Matthysse/Peterson imo. If he had gone out there and absolutely killed Judah, then maybe but they are already talking about him making a "swift" jump to 147 when he is supposed to be a part of this 140 tourney thing. Something fishy is going on, I suspect shortly after the Peterson fight, they will announce a move to 147....could be wrong of course but I would not be surprised in the slightest if they did it.
          There's nothing sloppy about Matthysse's right hand. That punch is fast, straight, and sharp. His defense is rather solid for his style, too. He's no Maidana, he has good technique and fundamentals.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post

Garcia would get slayed if they do that. Bad move for him, would look like a straight up chump. I actually like Danny's pops. He loves his son and has always had to speak up for him cuz now in days when fighters or athletes in general speak up, it's like a sin or something. I would say though that Danny whooped Zab better then Lucas did even though he couldn't finish him.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987
              Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Rigg

You know what's the thing, Peterson had been down before a few times and that makes for a bad night if he trades Lucas. Foty candidate for sure.

Matthysse is the last guy you wanna start slow against. This dude is the definition of a TWELVE round fighter. Not 4 or 6 like Khan and Holt.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

There's nothing sloppy about Matthysse's right hand. That punch is fast, straight, and sharp. His defense is rather solid for his style, too. He's no Maidana, he has good technique and fundamentals.
                He tends to swing pretty wide but he is fast enough to get away with it. The left hand mainly but he shores up his punches as he needs too. His right hand seems (looks) pretty straight, the left sometimes comes off like a haymaker at times.

Comment

Early rds are critical for Peterson. You ain't lying about that bro.

Comment

Garcia would get slayed if they do that. Bad move for him, would look like a straight up chump. I actually like Danny's pops. He loves his son and has always had to speak up for him cuz now in days when fighters or athletes in general speak up, it's like a sin or something. I would say though that Danny whooped Zab better then Lucas did even though he couldn't finish him.
                    Those last few rounds didn't look too good for Danny imo. Dude was getting jacked up pretty bad by Judah once he tired out or whatever happened there.

Comment

I think Matthysse's right hand is similar to Garcia's in that they are capable of throwing in a variety of ways. He showed against Dallas that he can also throw an effective short right.

Comment

Working...
                      X