Comments Thread For: Mayweather Rating: High For Boxing, Low For Network TV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davetheone View Post

Stop hatin!
    Don't play ******. It says in the article it was the lowest rated broadcast in April for CBS.

To put things in perspective, the UFC ran a countdown show on Fox to preview their inaugural debut on broadcast TV. Fox did a much better job in promoting and it still did only 2 million viewers (and it had a NFL game lead-in!!)with a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demo. Slightly better numbers but still crap for primetime broadcast TV. People are smart enough not to care about countdown shows. Pac v Shane preview show on CBS did the same numbers as Floyd. Put any lame countdown shows (especially for a PPV) and it will bomb (unless they are previewing THE Pac-Mayweather fight).

Like mentioned already, boxing promoters are cheap and lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by mezoomozaa View Post
      Yes , Mayweather isn't super star , No super star there in the current boxing scene

the only 2 real superstars in boxing history were Muhammed Ali and Mike Tyson .

even legends like Duran , SRL , Roy jones , .... No one out of boxing circles know who they are .

No one knows the name of Holyfield except for the fact that he is the man got bitten by Tyson

It is the truth .
      Mainstream Hollywood knew Pacquiao better than they knew Floyd whoweather.

Comment

This wasn't a case where nobody wanted to watch Floyd or that people are sick of Floyd. This was a case where Mayweather had to compete with Saturday nights programs, basketball, and people going out on Saturday night. It probably was a mistake to put this show on this weekend at 8pm EST on a Saturday night. It probably does better on Showtime right before the SHO fights.

Comment

No other boxer would bring in those ratings or higher either. Canelo, Pac, GG, Matthysse, the K brothers...none of them would even bring in 300,000 viewers

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            This wasn't a case where nobody wanted to watch Floyd or that people are sick of Floyd. This was a case where Mayweather had to compete with Saturday nights programs, basketball, and people going out on Saturday night. It probably was a mistake to put this show on this weekend at 8pm EST on a Saturday night. It probably does better on Showtime right before the SHO fights.
            Yes it was...clearly. You got more excuses than Sergio Martinez on saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
              Yes it was...clearly. You got more excuses than Sergio Martinez on saturday.
              Excuses for what mother****er, lmao?

Gotta ride Floydicide on some every single day ish, get smacked in the street by some real ****** who don't play ish.....then start to scream that "it's just entertainment"!

Turn it off please! You're not even a respectable poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                I don't know why anything has to sell in the mills to be a success, don't know what the boxing world has to come to, as far as I'm concerned it's gonna be a good fight. I know Sr. came in to help fine tune Mayweather's defense a little more, but I see this fight taking place in the pocket, I see Mayweather-Chavez/Ndou again, except more competitive, but it's gonna be fireworks.

If Guerrero does have any sort of success against Mayweather, it says more of Mayweather's decline than it does of any ability of his. Guerrero just doesn't have the physical tools, the offense or the intelligence to really impose himself on Mayweather and cause him difficulty. He'll be getting lit up from uppercuts for as long as the fight lasts.

Originally posted by JuniorGong'sDad View Post
                Go to bed son its too late to be on boxingscene. I will be in to tuck you in shortly.

Originally posted by mezoomozaa View Post
                even legends like Duran , SRL , Roy jones , .... No one out of boxing circles know who they are .

Leonard was, without question, a genuine superstar in his day.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  Excuses for what mother****er, lmao?

Gotta ride Floydicide on some every single day ish, get smacked in the street by some real ****** who don't play ish.....then start to scream that "it's just entertainment"!

Turn it off please! You're not even a respectable poster.
                  What language is this?...my instincts tell me it might me flobonerish

Comment

The Fight Camp 360 on CBS with Manny did the lowest ratings CBS had ever received in that time slot, not really a surprise that a Mayweather one puts up poor ratings as well. Those are the only two examples I can think of in recent memory and seems like both bombed hard.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                      If Guerrero does have any sort of success against Mayweather, it says more of Mayweather's decline than it does of any ability of his. Guerrero just doesn't have the physical tools, the offense or the intelligence to really impose himself on Mayweather and cause him difficulty. He'll be getting lit up from uppercuts for as long as the fight lasts.

Leonard was, without question, a genuine superstar in his day.
                      Good post!

Comment

Working...
                      X