No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Rating: High For Boxing, Low For Network TV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    LOL..And people were trying to convince me that this **** was a success in the other thread. GTFOH.
    For boxing it is a success , how can you shelve boxing just to hate on Mayweather , it was good ratings for boxing .

Comment

boxing has been dead in the mainstream for a while now, nothing new here. I actually watched the doc when it aired but I expected it to get low ratings. the ppv will do around a million as expected which is good for boxing and mayweather but dont mean shyt outside of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
        I dont think this is a reflection of Mayweather as a draw, or boxing in general as a draw. documentaries require passion, and emotional investment...all this documentary had was investment..in that it was clearly created for the sole purpose of promotion and thats it....which is why i think it failed.
        If the intent was promotion, it would have been better to do the late night circuit with the fighters and better yet, do the late night circuit with BOTH fighters and a talkshow host.

Comment

Didn't the NBC card with Adamek-Cunningham average 1.6 million viewers?

I could have sworn everyone was gloating about that figure. Sure it peaked at just under 4 million but the average was 1.6million.

If Floyd's doc averaged 1.7 then it must be pretty good right?

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            So what? and big deal.
            Go to bed son its too late to be on boxingscene. I will be in to tuck you in shortly.

Comment

Boxing fans were tied up watching actual Boxing what did they think was gonna happen?? Put that shyt on a Monday or Tuesday when there ain't shyt to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                How many famous people would get higher ratings than Mayweather did for a biography documentary? Not many.
                Lmfao, are you f**king serious? SMFH

I'm not here to rag on Floyd, but -insert boxer here- gets slaughtered by virtually every gay ass tabloid celeb actor/actress out there. The mainstream public eats them up. Boxing stars? Please. Nobody except the hardcore fans give a ****.

F**king Lindsay Lohan and Kim Kardashian documentaries in the same time slot would have murdered that Mayweather **** (sadly).

Comment

Yes , Mayweather isn't super star , No super star there in the current boxing scene

the only 2 real superstars in boxing history were Muhammed Ali and Mike Tyson .

even legends like Duran , SRL , Roy jones , .... No one out of boxing circles know who they are .

No one knows the name of Holyfield except for the fact that he is the man got bitten by Tyson

It is the truth .

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorGong'sDad View Post
                    Go to bed son its too late to be on boxingscene. I will be in to tuck you in shortly.
                    LMFAO a troll account.

So JuniorGong got you emotionally railed up enough to create a new account and all you do is dedicate your time to try and troll him.

JuniorGong 1
                    JuniorGong'sDad - 0

Comment

People may be kinda sick of Floyd already. Every fight he has a 24-7 or now the 4 episode all access build up and it's only so much stuff that can be shown that we haven't seen before. It gets a little old.
                      Last edited by Bigg Rigg; 04-29-2013, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X