No announcement yet.

Showtime commentary has grown on me...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MiscBrah View Post
    I always thought of them as second rated to hbo but lately they have come a long way.. Adding Brian Kenny was brilliant and pauly has been great as an analyst, and last they all have chemistry that I thought showed great tonight...
    Yeah I used to think HBO was the **** but showtime has stepped it up.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
      Showtime's commentary team feels fresh, young, excited.

HBO commentary team feels old, bored, stale.

Sometimes watching HBO you can feel that it's a job and maybe a job that's got a little boring to Lampley and Kellerman. Jones you can tell is a real fan and is actually calling real punches instead of just trying to inject fake excitement.

Showtime the guys feel like buddies hanging out while having a good time watching fights, I don't see that at all with the HBO crew.
      i agree with this, showtime guys seem like they're having fun which translates in their commentary

Comment

Gotta agree. I used to think Showtime was straight gar-bahj but they've grown on me as well. They also seem way less biased than them boys over at HBO

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Showtime's lead commentator is poor in comparison to Lampley.

When Lampley is "on" almost every other commentator in all sports is poor in comparison imho. His voice is perfect for calling.

Comment

no doubt lamp's voice is the flagship play by play voice in the sport

Comment

I rate Al Bernstein as one of the best commentators active.

He gives intelligent analysis.

Comment

Showtime commentator s never shut up. Its almost like they think we are listening to the fight on the radio as opposed to watching it on tv.

Comment

Working...
                X