Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime commentary has grown on me...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime commentary has grown on me...

I always thought of them as second rated to hbo but lately they have come a long way.. Adding Brian Kenny was brilliant and pauly has been great as an analyst, and last they all have chemistry that I thought showed great tonight...

They're all good except for that one guy (y'all know who I'm talking about).

Comment

To me Jim Lampley's voice is synonymous with boxing because I've been hearing it for so long, and I think that's part of the reason some people don't like Showtime's commentating because it's not familiar. But Jim and the rest of the HBO crew tend to be grossly biased at times, and I think Showtime does a much better job at calling fights objectively and pointing out important details.

Comment

Showtime's lead commentator is poor in comparison to Lampley.

Comment

It's been like this for a while. The only thing that Showtime lack is Tarver - he was seriously fantastic. Paulie is still pretty good, though.

The HBO commentary team are terrible, aside from Roy (who has the off-night too sometimes). They probably would have made Garcia-Judah a whole lot less fun if they were covering it.

Comment

they suck just as bad .. nobody should let paulie score ever again ...he sucks at it ..

Comment

HBO-Prime Rib
              Showtime-potted meat

Comment

The thing I hate about HBO commentary is, when the underdog has some success, they try to over exaggerate it by adding a bit of drama to their tone, whenever the underdog lands a shot, and act as if it's the biggest deal in the world.

Sometimes they go overboard with trying to point out how much success the underdogs having, that they make it seem like they're winning.

Comment

Showtime's commentary team feels fresh, young, excited.

HBO commentary team feels old, bored, stale.

Sometimes watching HBO you can feel that it's a job and maybe a job that's got a little boring to Lampley and Kellerman. Jones you can tell is a real fan and is actually calling real punches instead of just trying to inject fake excitement.

Showtime the guys feel like buddies hanging out while having a good time watching fights, I don't see that at all with the HBO crew.

Comment

I prefer the Showtime commentary - HBO are too biased. But no commentary team is perfect - I find myself disagreeing with some comments made by both Showtime and HBO from time to time. I guess that's boxing for you - it can be subjective sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                    X