Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: I Know I'm a Better Fighter Than Rigondeaux!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh yeah getting beat dont mean hes better than you all of a sudden lmfao.

Comment

i would love to see gamboa destroy this guy at 126, i know its not possible just saying

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        I don't buy that whole he didn't take the fight seriously excuse. Even if he didn't and he does in a rematch... he gets schooled again. This is the top level they're fighting on not a 4 rounder vs a 1-3 opponent. Who doesn't take their opponent seriously?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        remember his training videos and all the donaire fanboys were like omg he looks amazing he might actually kill rigo in the ring lol what happened to that

Comment

i always knew nonito couldn't contain his arrogance that long....more reason not to feel bad he got schooled , he deserved it ....

Comment

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
            I hope Donaire moves up to 126 and fights YURIORKIS GAMBOA and gets dominated again.

(obviously this is a pipe dream considering the different Promoters..but still)
            Don't count on it, Gamboa leaves himself too open and Donaire will be able to catch him unlike Rigondeaux. Gamboa gets stopped within 6 if they ever meet and I'm no Donaire fan.

Comment

Rigo started his pro career as superbatamweight in 2009(have been campaigning in this weight for 12 years) the same year when donaire was then and still campaigning at flyweight,,,,,Donaire worked his way up from division to division and beaten some of the good fighters out there until he met a certified SUPER BANTAMWEIGHT in Rigo...Let give props to donaire as he come this far by ascending 3 division up(10 pounds) since 2009 and facing a legitimate 122pounder fighter in Rigo..It translate to Rigo going up in weight and facing Broner.....Rigo is used in fighting at this weight in his entire career..Let see if Rigo can do the same by moving up in weight and fighting heavier guys like donaire did,,,This is something to look at....Rigo has the potential and skill to do that but for now, it is still premature to put him in pedestal..He just defeated the former flyweight in Donaire which is not something to celebrate for a legitimate SUPERBANTAMWEIGHT like Rigo....
              yeah master at work by beating Donaire who was 3 years ago was campaigning at flyweight(112lb) when Rigo was already a superbantamweight.......masterful indeed....
              Donaire ascent 3 division up for the span of 3 years is too much....his power will increase but his speed and reflexes will be greatly affected as very evident on their fight....His sudden increase in weight turns to fat as he looked soft during the fight compared to muscle-bodybuilder built of rigo...he should have stayed longer at the bantamweight and improve his speed in perfection before going up to superbantamweight...He should have manage or control his weight with the help of a better dietician....His body physique look like a kid compared to a heavily and stronger built in rigo
              Last edited by kamikaze_ero; 04-26-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

count me in as another fan lost by donaire.

completely wrong about the outcome of the fight.

Donaire too busy trying to be the next manny pacquiao always going for the one punch ko completely abandoning putting together punches, jabbing, etc...

Your head go too big donaire and it showed.

get back to basics, start putting punches togther, stop trying to go for the ko with every punch, and stop trying to be the next manny pacquiao.

your wife is grossly overrated too by the way.

Comment

Meh I think people are being somewhat harsh. For outsiders it is just Donaire losing in a competition. For him it is a failure, it is not exactly a nice feeling and can be mentally crippling. Hopefully he bounces back.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

I don't buy that whole he didn't take the fight seriously excuse. Even if he didn't and he does in a rematch... he gets schooled again. This is the top level they're fighting on not a 4 rounder vs a 1-3 opponent. Who doesn't take their opponent seriously?

remember his training videos and all the donaire fanboys were like omg he looks amazing he might actually kill rigo in the ring lol what happened to that
                    Maybe he's getting all this exposure after the loss cause he don't want people to completely forget about him. But he's doing it completely wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post

That being said I thought Donaire would make short work of Rigondeaux so the way Rigon neutered Donaire came as a surprise.

Comment

Working...
                      X