No announcement yet.

UFC's Dana White issues challenge to Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
    He rarely ever had to sprawl because he used distance very well. My point? A pure boxer became the champion, and currently has a 1 minute KO win over the reigning champion. How was he not successful?
    He sprawled lots lol I mean you think JDS is still champion for fuk sake why would anyone listen to you about MMA?

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
      DUDE, are you really going hard trying to use Mercer as an example. You sound like a idiot. He could NEVER make it to the UFC at any stage. Thats all that matters is what happens there. You are really trying to use TIM FREAKIN SYLVIA as an example of why boxing>MMA....Ok kid, you sound kinda dumb.
      You say Sylvia is rubbish but don't you MMA lot claim every in the UFC is rubbish unless they are top 3 and even then they're rubbish by your own admission for most part.

JDS only showed boxing and shades of takedown defense and he went onto become the UFC HW champion.

Fabio Maldonado came from a boxing background hes strictly a boxer despite having some BJJ training which he hasn't put on display. He should be 3-1 in the UFC but got robbed probably because it looked bad how an ordinary boxer who'd fought nothing but Brazilian bums could come in the UFC & take out some of their top fighters. His only legit loss came to Glover and look how tough he is, any other MMA bum couldn't of took that. These guys are not only poor technically in their stand up, they aren't used to getting hit.

I'm yet to see an MMA fighter have even moderate success in boxing. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
        And he got completely destroyed by wrestling in the second fight with Cain. But JDS has a black belt in BJJ so whats your point he keeps fights standing because of that black belt and not from boxing.
        Oh yeah I'm sure Frank Mir and Werdum were so afraid of JDS's BJJ black belt.

You and Mike are reaching so hard its pathetic.

Comment

He rarely ever had to sprawl because he used distance very well. My point? A pure boxer became the champion, and currently has a 1 minute KO win over the reigning champion. How was he not successful?
          He had to sprawl a few times buddy. A pure boxer hardly I recall him using knees, kicks, and even a bit of wrestling in some of his fights. Yeah his weapon of choice might definitely be his hands, but he has the whole package, if he didnt he wouldnt never got to where he was. And you are talking about the HEAVYWEIGHT division which is one of the most talent lacking of all time! They have no depth in that division what so ever. Until recently anyway.

Daniel Cormier. Go watch if you've never seen him. Now theres a guy, you cant say any boxer will beat so easily. Thats the type of people you should use to refer to the heavyweight division. Not Tim Sylvia.

Comment

Oh yeah I'm sure Frank Mir and Werdum were so afraid of JDS's BJJ black belt.

You and Mike are reaching so hard its pathetic.
            Dude Im not saying that JDS isn't awesome with his boxing but he isn't just a boxer hes a complete fighter and he can use that boxing because he has other skills. stop acting like that boxing is his only skill because that's flat out wrong.

Comment

And a boxer can't throw knees and kicks?

In fact I've seen all of JDS's fights and can't recall him ever actually throwing knees or kicks. Against Carwin, Cro Cop, Velasquez etc I can't recall him ever actually using anything other than his boxing and the odds sprawl.

Stop going on like JDS is a complete mixed martial artist, hes an average boxer with some takedown defense until proven otherwise! He may well have a black belt in BJJ as well but hes never even attempted to apply his BJJ. His only submission was in like his debut. Hes never even attempted to use his BJJ. He is strictly a boxer who nullified takedowns with his boxing!

Either way it shows how a very basic boxer can be successful and fight to the highest standards of the UFC. He pretty much destroyed the whole UFC roster of HWs with his average boxing lolllll
              Last edited by dan_cov; 04-25-2013, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                You say Sylvia is rubbish but don't you MMA lot claim every in the UFC is rubbish unless they are top 3 and even then they're rubbish by your own admission for most part.

JDS only showed boxing and shades of takedown defense and he went onto become the UFC HW champion.

Fabio Maldonado came from a boxing background hes strictly a boxer despite having some BJJ training which he hasn't put on display. He should be 3-1 in the UFC but got robbed probably because it looked bad how an ordinary boxer who'd fought nothing but Brazilian bums could come in the UFC & take out some of their top fighters. His only legit loss came to Glover and look how tough he is, any other MMA bum couldn't of took that. These guys are not only poor technically in their stand up, they aren't used to getting hit.

I'm yet to see an MMA fighter have even moderate success in boxing. Why is that?
                Now your trying to use Fabio Maldanado as an example of why boxing should be > MMA because he is from a boxing backround and he is SOMEWHAT succesfull in the UFC? Give me a break. Fabio doesnt mean **** here. An afterthought at best. If you told me Fabio would win the title this year that would be a funny joke. That guy doesnt mean ****. Glover stomped him. And he had 17 pro fights before he even got to the UFC.

You havent seen a UFC guy that is successful in boxing because they are a different breed. Boxers devote 100% of their efforts into their punching, MMA is all around. And it has showed in the octagon time and time again that you cant just have one and be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                  Dude Im not saying that JDS isn't awesome with his boxing but he isn't just a boxer hes a complete fighter and he can use that boxing because he has other skills. stop acting like that boxing is his only skill because that's flat out wrong.
                  So now you're trying to use a confidence reach. Trying to say if he wasn't a complete fighter he wouldn't last lmao. You're resorting to a could of would of should of, and its sad. My point is very clear, he annihilated the heavyweight division with almost all boxing. That take down defense you keep referring too is called keeping distance.

Its a reason why I became a fan of his in the first place. I'm done Pistol, you remind me of the fans in the Brock era.

Comment

In fact I've seen all of JDS's fights and can't recall him ever actually throwing knees or kicks. Against Carwin, Cro Cop, Velasquez etc I can't recall him ever actually using anything other than his boxing and the odds sprawl.

Stop going on like JDS is a complete mixed martial artist, hes an average boxer with some takedown defense until proven otherwise! He may well have a black belt in BJJ as well but hes never even attempted to apply his BJJ. His only submission was in like his debut. Hes never even attempted to use his BJJ. He is strictly a boxer who nullified takedowns.
                    And he can do that because he can handle him self on the ground. Claiming that any boxer can do what Junior can do is as absurd as saying that any wrestler can do what Wlad and Vitali can do in a boxing ring. Please dude shut the fuk up already!

Comment

Stop going on like JDS is a complete mixed martial artist, hes an average boxer with some takedown defense until proven otherwise! He may well have a black belt in BJJ as well but hes never even attempted to apply his BJJ. His only submission was in like his debut. Hes never even attempted to use his BJJ. He is strictly a boxer who nullified takedowns with his boxing!

Either way it shows how a very basic boxer can be successful and fight to the highest standards of the UFC. He pretty much destroyed the whole UFC roster of HWs with his average boxing lolllll
                      Ok well this is still fine in my argument, because JDS recently got DESTROYED BY A WRESTLER. So how do you sound? I dont care if he got his title through his boxing. He didnt get to where he got in his career and a job in the UFC using only his boxing I'll tell you that much. It takes a certain amount of experience in MMA to be that confident to where you can use your boxing like that. It is different than boxing in a ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X