Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will MEXICAN and/or CANELO fans STAND UP FOR BOXING JUSTICE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No robbery happened at all tonight. Trout was outclassed and didn't even belong in the same ring as Canelo. Reported for race baiting too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
      118-109 was bull****.

I say 115-113 was about as honest of a score a person could have for this fight.

FWIW I can understand if you felt Trout won as I know more people prefer activity and is a prime decider in how they score fights.

I like activity, but I prefer substance and who lands the more meaningful shots.
      There was no score of 115-113. The score you're referring to was 115-112.

You have to take into account all factors when scoring the fight. You can't just look at activity. You can't just look at hard shots.

Going by your logic, let's assume that Trout got hit with ONLY 2 of the hardest shots that Canelo has every thrown in your estimation. But, Trout, in comparison, landed 100 total blows to those 2 hard shots. Based on your overemphasis on power alone, you would have Canelo winning with only landing a mere 2 shots in this HYPOTHETICAL situation. Does that seem sensible to you??

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
        No robbery happened at all tonight. Trout was outclassed and didn't even belong in the same ring as Canelo. Reported for race baiting too.
        Trout landed more and threw more.

You're insinuating that I'm racist. In what way, shape, or form was I being racist in this thread?

Stop with the ad hominem attacks...

Comment

Originally posted by The Evil 1-2 View Post
          Trout landed more and threw more.

You're insinuating that I'm racist. In what way, shape, or form was I being racist in this thread?

Stop with the ad hominem attacks...
          Canelo actually landed more power punches than Trout...

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
            Canelo actually landed more power punches than Trout...
            Using your logic based on Compubox stats, who landed more and threw more BASED ON TOTALITY?

You can't just rely on hard punches, ALONE, to score a fight. You have to look at ALL factors...

Comment

I had Trout winning this fight by a point. He controled most of the rounds and landed more punches. Canelo was taken breaks through most of the rounds while Trout kept busy.. Are we supposed to give canelo the round just because he landed 2 or 3 solid shots while Trout controled the entire round?

Comment

Thank you for agreeing. But based on this agreement, how can you sensibly agree to the scorecards put out there?? Wrong is WRONG. The judges were looking to commit a robbery.

If anything, it was Trout outplaying Canelo at his own game. After the first public announcement of the scores, Trout changed his gameplan and became more aggressive and busier. Canelo, surprisingly, wasn't the better aggressor for a majority of the fight...
                Wrong is Wrong, but my 115-112 card doesn't change the end result. I actually think the public announcement ruined our chance at a more dramatic end. Like I said, I truly admire Trout and don't rule out that he would have finished stronger, but those cards allowed Canelo to cruise at the end. Inversely, what if no cards meant Canelo felt a need to pressure Trout and finished him. We don't know. What we saw we know. And I scored that for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                  I had Trout winning this fight by a point. He controled most of the rounds and landed more punches. Canelo was taken breaks through most of the rounds while Trout kept busy.. Are we supposed to give canelo the round just because he landed 2 or 3 solid shots while Trout controled the entire round?

Thank you for bringing this point up!

Comment

Using your logic based on Compubox stats, who landed more and threw more BASED ON TOTALITY?

You can't just rely on hard punches, ALONE, to score a fight. You have to look at ALL factors...
                    Like defense? Like Ring generalship? Canelo owned both.

Trout actually landed 30 more jabs than Canelo, even though Canelo threw power jabs and Trout threw....I don't even know what to call those.

I don't like using compubox stats, but this debate is so silly I can't take it seriously enough to not use it.

Comment

Sounds to me like TS just learned a few new words and is eager to show them off tonight.

Ad-Hominem, Red Herring and Logic, all in that order. Look for every post to have at least one of those.

Here is a new word for you. Try Fallibilism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallibilism

Comment

Working...
                      X