Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will MEXICAN and/or CANELO fans STAND UP FOR BOXING JUSTICE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
    I'm not here to bash you and if you felt he (trout) won....fine.

Also I didn't see any punch stats until after I got home. Sure they showed them on the main screen after the fight, but I really didn't pay attention to them, nor did I use them to base my opinion on who won the fight.

Secondly, I have been to tons of fights and I never let the crowd influence my opinion on scoring a fight. Now I am by no means a bert sugar or boxing guru, but being that I have followed the sport since I was 5, I know what to look for in scoring a fight.

BTW, just to show that I'm not on some b.s., here is a pic of the shirt I was rocking during the fight

I'm not trying to be inflammatory towards you either. Too many folks in this forum resort to that too often...

With that said, you brought up Compubox first. Using your logic based on Compubox, Trout landed more and was threw more shots. Given this logic of yours, how cannot sensibly coincide with the final scores???

It just screams robbery to me. In this conversation with you, I'll leave it at that...

Comment

I still have Alvarez winning by 2-3 rounds. 116-112 on my card

I place more emphasis on power punching. For example I solid power shot>>>2-3 jabs/partial landed shots.

Now Alvarez wasn't as busy and there were times when Trout was landing shots that did little damage....only to have Canelo land huge shots that left a bigger impression on me when scoring the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Evil 1-2 View Post
        I'm not trying to be inflammatory towards you either. Too many folks in this forum resort to that too often...

With that said, you brought up Compubox first. Using your logic based on Compubox, Trout landed more and was threw more shots. Given this logic of yours, how cannot sensibly coincide with the final scores???

It just screams robbery to me. In this conversation with you, I'll leave it at that...
        Bro.....

1st I stated that I didn't see those numbers until after I got home. I had already scored it for Alvarez as I have stated numerous times in this thread.

2nd I only brought up compubox/punch stat because I stated that Trout missed a lot and when I got home and saw the numbers it confirmed what I saw earlier when I was at the fight watching it live.

Comment

So much MAD ITT lmao.

Contain yourselves bro, Canelo outboxed Trout. 8-4.

There was no robbery here at all and it doesn't surprise me you're in red.

Comment

I'm not reading his mind. I'm simply responding to your analysis on how Trout's Christian faith could have played a role in his surprising non-reaction to the bout.

Again, he was busier and landed more according other posters' references to Compubox. Sure, we all admit that Canelo does hit harder, but it still doesn't explain the crazy official scores.

Again, like I said, Canelo may have landed LESS, but the shots he did land were harder because that's part of his overall MO.
            We don't disagree fights should be scored fairly. I scored it 7-5 (10-8 on kd), so I had a close decision for Canelo. Point is, I thought Canelo won. No lie, Trout is a truly talented fighter and remarkable sportsman, but I though he got outplayed at his own game by a conventional fighter not daunted by a southwpaw. Going forward, would love to see Trout take anyone else at 154 on the school bus, but Canelo proved he's not that kid, guys for real.

Comment

I still have Alvarez winning by 2-3 rounds. 116-112 on my card

I place more emphasis on power punching. For example I solid power shot>>>2-3 jabs/partial landed shots.

Now Alvarez wasn't as busy and there were times when Trout was landing shots that did little damage....only to have Canelo land huge shots that left a bigger impression on me when scoring the fight.
              Again, it should be no surprise that despite Canelo landing LESS, the shots he did land were harder. We all know he's the better power puncher.

This does nothing at all to justify or explain the ridiculous scores that indicated that Canelo was somehow fighting a dead corpse...

Comment

Bro.....

1st I stated that I didn't see those numbers until after I got home. I had already scored it for Alvarez as I have stated numerous times in this thread.

2nd I only brought up compubox/punch stat because I stated that Trout missed a lot and when I got home and saw the numbers it confirmed what I saw earlier when I was at the fight watching it live.
                I'm sorry, but if you're going to use this argument that's based on the Compubox stats, the Compubox stats show Trout landing more and throwing more. Using this logic, you have no leg to stand on...

Comment

Again, it should be no surprise that despite Canelo landing LESS, the shots he did land were harder. We all know he's the better power puncher.

This does nothing at all to justify or explain the ridiculous scores that indicated that Canelo was somehow fighting a dead corpse...
                  118-109 was bull****.

I say 115-113 was about as honest of a score a person could have for this fight.

FWIW I can understand if you felt Trout won as I know more people prefer activity and is a prime decider in how they score fights.

I like activity, but I prefer substance and who lands the more meaningful shots.

Comment

Originally posted by adrsan84 View Post
                    We don't disagree fights should be scored fairly. I scored it 7-5 (10-8 on kd), so I had a close decision for Canelo. Point is, I thought Canelo won. No lie, Trout is a truly talented fighter and remarkable sportsman, but I though he got outplayed at his own game by a conventional fighter not daunted by a southwpaw. Going forward, would love to see Trout take anyone else at 154 on the school bus, but Canelo proved he's not that kid, guys for real.
                    Thank you for agreeing. But based on this agreement, how can you sensibly agree to the scorecards put out there?? Wrong is WRONG. The judges were looking to commit a robbery.

If anything, it was Trout outplaying Canelo at his own game. After the first public announcement of the scores, Trout changed his gameplan and became more aggressive and busier. Canelo, surprisingly, wasn't the better aggressor for a majority of the fight...

Comment

I'm sorry, but if you're going to use this argument that's based on the Compubox stats, the Compubox stats show Trout landing more and throwing more. Using this logic, you have no leg to stand on...
                      I don't understand why you don't get the point that I had the fight scored prior to seeing any numbers/ compu-box states.

Again those numbers just confirm what I saw after the fact.

If I score a fight then 2-3 hours later see the compu-box stats.....what makes you think the latter influenced the prior?

Comment

Working...
                      X