Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Berto might consider joining the UFC.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, his MMA opponent would not trade with him. They will always try to take him down.

Comment

Man what happened to Berto lol. When boxers discuss moving to MMA/UFC, you know its over for them. Sucks man, I liked Berto. The main flaw about Berto is that he just has terrible recuperative powers. You hurt him and he is screwed for the rest of the fight. He has speed, talent, power....all of it. Just a soft chin and he cannot recover unfortunately. I still cannot believe he lost to Ghost and fought that **** fight.

Dana just needs to keep his mouth shut and stick to the UFC. Respect to him and what he has done with the UFC but he needs to shut his hole about boxing. Anyone who criticizes boxing for all BS that happens and sanctioning bodies and matchmaking needs to understand something. Boxing is a global sport, that is from its true origins, over 2000 years old at the very least, and has been established in its current form for 150+ years. MMA/UFC is 20 years old as a sport, and is run by 1 guy....of course it is easier to run and matches can be made easier, cmon lol. Let's see how well the UFC is run 100 years from now ok? If anyone watches UFC you will see it is the same 5-6 idiots fighting each other in almost every weight class, for the last 5-8 years. They all just keep fighting each other over and over again. Who cares. I catch stuff here and there and Nick Diaz, even though I can't stand him, hit the nail on the head. He said be may move to boxing because all the UFC is now is a bunch of athletic wrestlers taking people down and sitting on them. It is not about genuine martial arts or striking, jiu jitsu as much anymore. All the dominant fighters are just all american/collegiate wrestlers and all the fights are boring as ****.

Comment

Whoever said that Berto actually ever "won" a title in boxing? Lol

If this is the same dude that can't stay away from punches in boxing, then I cant see him avoiding kicks, knees, forearms, elbows, submissions, etc.

Nice try Berto, but try to master the sport that you only have to avoid one form of offense, rather than getting KTFO in MMA, and lining White's pockets, so he can throw it back in boxing's face.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim2daresq View Post
          If Berto could time a punch as Aldo threw a kick, I could see him KO'ing Aldo, but honestly, NO ONE can time Aldo's leg kicks.
          A kick has lot more range than a punch and is much more powerful. I'm an active amateur boxer while my brother does MMA and when we fool around and spar I could not do **** if he starts kicking. The range disparity is so wide.

Now imagine a guy like aldo kicking you with full force. Yikes!!!

Comment

if he's seriously entertaining the idea of doing this i will completely discount him as a player in boxing at any level.

he's not a world beater at any rate, but i would still consider him a stern test for top up and comers. if he goes to the UFC it's evident that he's all done trying to accomplish anything in boxing.

he can thank al haymon, though. berto's hbo run was a complete joke for quite some time. eventually he did end up in good fights. collazo, ortiz, and guerrero were awesome fights. ortiz was a terrific fight on paper that ended up being a great fight. guerrero wasn't, and neither was collazo, but they ended up being great fights.

Comment

He's going to turn asian permanently

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                A kick has lot more range than a punch and is much more powerful. I'm an active amateur boxer while my brother does MMA and when we fool around and spar I could not do **** if he starts kicking. The range disparity is so wide.

Now imagine a guy like aldo kicking you with full force. Yikes!!!
                True, but when someone commits to a leg kick, the distance closes so fast, that the boxer has time to time that kick, and counter with a punch. How many times have you seen a fighter counter a leg kick with a punch?

It's MMA 101. Body and head kicks are a different story. Aldo doesn't throw that many head kicks, if at all actually.

But that's besides the point. Obviously Berto isn't coming into the UFC, and beating someone like Aldo. That shouldn't even have to be debated.

And Aldo's leg kicks aren't your usual leg kicks. His leg kick is like Hearns' right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim2daresq View Post
                  James Toney got 500,000k base pay for his fight against Couture. Obviously Berto's not Toney, but if they marketed Berto as a "MMA's for sissies" type of guy, I bet he'd make some bank.
                  There are many reasons that James made so much money for his UFC fight, one of the reasons that i know is James and Dana have been good friend for many years, and believe it or not Dana was James's fan boy back in the day. James was the perfect set up for the Boxing vs MMA debate, to proven legends of their respective sports fighting and the hype that James brings with his words it was the perfect storm. Berto will have none of that on his side

Comment

Originally posted by dchampishere View Post
                    There are many reasons that James made so much money for his UFC fight, one of the reasons that i know is James and Dana have been good friend for many years, and believe it or not Dana was James's fan boy back in the day. James was the perfect set up for the Boxing vs MMA debate, to proven legends of their respective sports fighting and the hype that James brings with his words it was the perfect storm. Berto will have none of that on his side
                    Never knew all that. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Berto is a boxing drop out, let him go to UFC

Comment

Working...
                      X