Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire Expects Tactical Fight in The Early Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expect an incredibly interesting chess match, but I also expect a few lightning exchanges and I'm curious how each guy will react. This is going to be great.

Comment

I expect almost the whole fight to be tactical.

Comment

WARNAIRE!!!!!!!

Comment

I think the first couple of rounds will be tactical for both fighters. Once Rigondeaux feels Donaire power it will be even more tactical. I hope I wrong but I don't think this is going to be a very exciting fight to see. I think this is going to be a chess match type of fight and if Donaire is feeling the pressure of pleasing the crowd. He might leave himself wide open for a counter from Rigondeaux which is what Rigondeaux wants.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            I was wondering why Nonito was working out yesterday since fighters usually rest the last week before a fight but now I guess we know why....he is still trying to make the weight.

That is a disturbing sign.
            Yeah, usually they do light workouts at most. But this could be par for the course for Donaire. Seven pounds of water weight shouldn't be terribly difficult to lose, but it could be potentially weakening. Let's see what Nonito looks like at the weigh-in.

Comment

On the surface, this fight appears eerily similar, to the Prince Naseem Hamed/Marco Antonio Barrera bout; In which one was considered the slugger while the other the classic counter puncher.

Leading up to the build up of that bout, almost everyone thought that MAB was going to stand in there to trade and exchange punches with Hamed. Instead he opted to box him; While neutralizing his greatest attribute in the process, which was his punching power with a solid defense.

Similarly, I just cannot envision Donaire winning this fight solely by depending on punching power and loading up on single haymaking punches at a time. Guillermo is too experienced for that. Moreover, he needs to get his punches off first in order to win this fight; Because if he allows Rigo to beat him to the punch and limit his opportunities to land clean power shots, then it's going to be a very long night for Nonito.

While Rigo may be considered by many too be a bit chinny; The one thing that almost everyone can agree is that he does has heart and it's going to take more than just a single punch in order to finish him off.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                On the surface, this fight appears eerily similar, to the Prince Naseem Hamed/Marco Antonio Barrera bout; In which one was considered the slugger while the other the classic counter puncher.

Leading up to the build up of that bout, almost everyone thought that MAB was going to stand in there to trade and exchange punches with Hamed. Instead he opted to box him; While neutralizing his greatest attribute in the process, which was his punching power with a solid defense.

Similarly, I just cannot envision Donaire winning this fight solely by depending on punching power and loading up on single haymaking punches at a time. Guillermo is too experienced for that. Moreover, he needs to get his punches off first in order to win this fight; Because if he allows Rigo to beat him to the punch and limit his opportunities to land clean power shots, then it's going to be a very long night for Nonito.

While Rigo may be considered by many too be a bit chinny; The one thing that almost everyone can agree is that he does has heart and it's going to take more than just a single punch in order to finish him off.
                your analogy is flawed because Donaire is way better than Hamed ib almost every category, and Rigondo ain't no slider like MAB

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
                  I expect an incredibly interesting chess match, but I also expect a few lightning exchanges and I'm curious how each guy will react. This is going to be great.
                  you already know what's gonna happen. once Rigondo gets hit with a power shot he's gonna get on his bike

Comment

Originally posted by reyes066 View Post
                    rigondeaux kot to donaire in 6 o7 round
                    Thats the 10th time you have said that. Recorded voice messages are more interesting than you saying the same thing over and over again. "KOT TO" and "o7" make no sense.
                    Last edited by richardt; 04-09-2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                      your analogy is flawed because Donaire is way better than Hamed ib almost every category, and Rigondo ain't no slider like MAB
                      Agree....and on top of that, Hamed was the one considered chinny and had many holes in his game. No erie resemblance at all. Four completally different fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X