Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto returns in November targets either Canelo or Martinez at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Canelo loses to Trout he would be fighting Cotto next, if Canelo beats Trout he would be fighting Cotto next, in short Canelo-Cotto is next after trout.

Comment

Cotto all guts and balls! he'll fight the devil if the money is right! lol

Comment

Cotto will beat Nelo...many will be grubbing on crow after that one....Sergio?!?...now thats another story....Cotto won't win that fight imo and I'd be really shocked/proud if he did though

Comment

isn't he a bit small at 154 already?

Comment

Martinez stops him badly at 160, it would be a horrific beating. No way his management would allow it.

Comment

Why wouldnt he target Daniel Geale if he wants a belt at middle weight. Hes not a big puncher, just has a high work rate. Most winnable fight for cotto at 160. Martinez would chop him up so bad it would most defiently end his career.

Obv Geale dont bring all that much money to the table, but if wants the belt for legacy purposes and not money then Geale is the go.

If he wants big mioney then Canelo it is.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                It was posted on http://www.facebook.com/ITRBoxing

I've known this for quite a while now, a interview will be done in a couple of days.

He realy wants that padyday vs Canelo and He wants to fight Martinez for legacy win, lose or draw
                Cotto is dumb if he takes either fight next. Only Canelo or Martinez losing legitemizes these fights.

Comment

Cotto is way too small for 160, canelo and sergio would both maul him. I will say though Cotto vs Canelo in Madison Square Garden would be absolutely magical!

But my god, cotto definitely does have a giant set of brass ones.
                  Last edited by Southpawology; 04-03-2013, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
                    Cotto is dumb if he takes either fight next. Only Canelo or Martinez losing legitemizes these fights.
                    Actually he is intelligent, he takes either he gets paid more and then if he loses its not a big deal because he is suppose to lose, He cannot afford to take sort of Trout sort of opponent because another loss to opponents like that makes Cotto value goes down... A loss against Canelo or Martinez wouldn't make his value go down.

Comment

Canelo said if he beats Trout he would fight Cotto so that fight may happen. Cotto lost his last two fights. He lost to welterweight Mayweather at a top weight of 154 by scores of 118-110, 117-111 and 117-111. Then he lost to Trout in a 154 pound title fight by scores of 119-109, 117-111 and 117-111. Why does Cotto think losing his last two fights at 154 by very one sided ud. earns him a shot at the middleweight title? If Martinez passed up worthy challengers like GGG. and Geale to take a low risk-high reward cherry pick fight with Cotto I would be disappointed with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X