Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Bunce: 'Manuel Charr is a credible opponent for David Haye'.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair to Bunce (which i hate doing), he said Charr is a credible opponent "in the sense that he's fought a Klitschko" (from memory if the wording is wrong). Which, to be fair, is right. For the casual fans who make up a lot of Hayes fan base that fact does make Charr a credible opponent.

Comment

Charr is a bum.

Comment

I would like to see Haye vs. Chris Arreola.

I firmly believe Arreola would chew him up and spit him out after taking some big shots and laughing them off.

As much as people like to talk about the decline of the American HW we saw what Tony Thompson did to Price and I would love to see Arreola kick the crap out of Haye, Helenius or Pulev and shut up even more people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

I firmly believe Arreola would chew him up and spit him out after taking some big shots and laughing them off.

As much as people like to talk about the decline of the American HW we saw what Tony Thompson did to Price and I would love to see Arreola kick the crap out of Haye, Helenius or Pulev and shut up even more people.
          http://www.livefight.com/news.php?ne...79&y=2009&m=08

Haye would never fight a contender as dangerous as Arreola, and he ducked Thompson, Chambers and even Kevin Johnson when they offered themselves in 2008 (he then chose shot old Monte Barrett instead).

There's a chance he might take the risk if Arreola won the WBC title, if the payday was big enough.

Comment

Charr isn't any less credible than Audley or Monte Barrett but beating him doesn't move Haye any further on in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              This ^^^^. Even though beating Wawryzk proves/means nothing. Haye's delusional fans will make out that he's a 'quality' opponent.
              Like the Klitschko fans did with Sosnowski, Charr and Pianeta? Wawrzyk probably is garbage and will be a terrible fight, but it's not like Haye is a world champion giving fights to nobodies like the Klitschko's. Title holders are expected to fight a better quality of opponent than challengers. I don't see any of the Haye fans hyping anyone in this thread. Trying to make out that the Haye fans are blind nuthuggers that will support anything like you and freedom isn't going to work. Shit is shit it doesn't matter if you polish it, it's still shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                http://www.livefight.com/news.php?ne...79&y=2009&m=08

Haye would never fight a contender as dangerous as Arreola, and he ducked Thompson, Chambers and even Kevin Johnson when they offered themselves in 2008 (he then chose shot old Monte Barrett instead).

There's a chance he might take the risk if Arreola won the WBC title, if the payday was big enough.
                Same crap everytime, you said the same thing about Chisora. Supporting Wlad fighting Pianeta and then trying to make Charr fight sound worse when it was only last year Vitali chose him, shows everyone what a pathetic little nuthugger you are. We wouldn't even be discussing this if Vitali hadn't have lost his balls, he's the true coward.

Comment

Maybe you should get on to your man Arreola and encourage him to actually fight. Haye fought as often as Arreola last year and he considered himself retired!

Btw I have a video for you - there's two of them!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ct4HPKI-4QQ

Comment

Double standards my ass. I don't believe for a second you are stupid enough to believe the things you post.

The Klits are extremely active by any standard, but especially for HW champs. If you fight 3-4 times a year an opponent like Pianeta or Charr can be excused.

If you are David Haye and fight 1 time per year, there is no excuse for waste of time fights that don't prove anything and don't prepare him for anything.

If David Haye fought 4 times a year nobody would ***** and complain about him fighting Manuel Charr.

Is that so hard to understand?

Wait, nevermind, I forgot I am talking to someone who disregards facts and logic.
                    Vittles averages fighting 2 times a year since his comeback. In that time he fought Charr who never beat a top 10 fighter and has minimal skills. Chisora who has decent skill but only 17 fights. Solis who has very good skills, but again a novice with only 17 professional fights. Briggs.....lmao.....who hadn't beat a top fighter in nearly half a decade and who's skills had long deteriorated. Sosnowski who never beat a top 10 fighter and has gone 2-3-1 since. Johnson who hasn't beat a top 10 fighter before or since and Arreola who has never beaten a top 10 fighter before or since.

So lets see, he doesn't fight the 3 or 4 times a year as you claimed and this is the majority of his comp. SIMPLY STELLAR!!! Have I disregarded any facts or logic here? If course you will try and tell me about these fighters having rankings from some crappy ABC org that can be bought off for a bologna sandwich and a bag of potato chips, but its not really relevant since the FACTS speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      Like the Klitschko fans did with Sosnowski, Charr and Pianeta? Wawrzyk probably is garbage and will be a terrible fight, but it's not like Haye is a world champion giving fights to nobodies like the Klitschko's. Title holders are expected to fight a better quality of opponent than challengers. I don't see any of the Haye fans hyping anyone in this thread. Trying to make out that the Haye fans are blind nuthuggers that will support anything like you and freedom isn't going to work. Shit is shit it doesn't matter if you polish it, it's still shit.
                      Who has Wladimir ducked, then? At least he's staying active. I'd rather see a HW champ fighting 3-4 times a year, than once in a blue moon.

He's offered to fight Fury, Povetkin, Pulev, Solis etc. Its hardly his fault that they'd rather sit around and wait for him to retire.

Wladimir, rightly, won't rematch Haye. The fight simply wasn't competitive. As for Vitali, he may well be ducking Haye; but Haye has already ducked him for 4 years.
                      Last edited by yoz; 04-03-2013, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X