No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Guerrero, Golden Boy, Mayweather Joint Statement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    He might not have put anyone in danger, but in the opinion of the State of New York people carrying guns illegally does. And Guerrero was carrying a gun illegally. So it's pretty obvious what the problem is. You can't enforce a law if you just ignore when people break it.
    these laws exist to prevent criminals from committing crimes. not to imprison out-of-staters passing through who don't know the local laws. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished but prison is a joke and would ashame me as a citizen of this country

Comment

I don't see why people are actually trying to hate on the Ghost for this. There aren't many states with gun laws like NY's. If ever there was a way to travel with a fire arm, it was that way. Unloaded locked in a safebox and registration.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Too bad 95% of the country doesn't have the same laws as NY does. MAn, I swear, I think it's just the fact that the guy talks about God that people want him to go down in a blaze of glory or something. He had a registered gun, a permit to carry it, it was unloaded and in a damn locked box.

He was able to fly into VA with no issues even though the gun wasn't registered in VA because only NY and like 4 other states have whack gun laws.
        Too bad he wasn't in VA, he was in NY, and when in another state, you obey their laws, ignorance is not an excuse or defense

How about the large mags which aren't legal in NY or Cali?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          I don't see why people are actually trying to hate on the Ghost for this. There aren't many states with gun laws like NY's. If ever there was a way to travel with a fire arm, it was that way. Unloaded locked in a safebox and registration.
          you have the typical Internet message board troll, along with those sad contrarian/devils advocate types who enjoy arguments from behind the safety of their computer monitor. there is absolutely no reason why Guerrero deserves to do time for this unless he is found to be part of some conspiracy to commit murder

Comment

there is a proverb: "don't **** where you shoot".. thats for my man, my Ghost..

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
              these laws exist to prevent criminals from committing crimes. not to imprison out-of-staters passing through who don't know the local laws. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished but prison is a joke and would ashame me as a citizen of this country
              They don't look at intent, he wasn't arrested or smuggling or anything, he was arrested for possession. There is really no defense against this charge. It's the law and it's very seriously enforced in ny, that's why he's facing 4'years

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Too bad 95% of the country doesn't have the same laws as NY does. MAn, I swear, I think it's just the fact that the guy talks about God that people want him to go down in a blaze of glory or something. He had a registered gun, a permit to carry it, it was unloaded and in a damn locked box.

He was able to fly into VA with no issues even though the gun wasn't registered in VA because only NY and like 4 other states have whack gun laws.
                You're getting into a debate on gun law now. It's not a debate on gun law,it's a question of whether Guerrero broke the law or not and he clearly did. There's no agenda to 'get him', it's just a fact.

The guy was holding a weapon illegally and got arrested for it. If he wasn't Robert Guerrero and was just some street kid nobody would give a fuck about it.

Comment

i won't say the arrest is an intentional publicity stunt, but the lack of judgment is astounding. I have had as many others innocuous items as avian water bottles which were half empty confiscated by airports as Orlando (MCO) in domestic flights. Even when the water is bought after going through secuirty it can be confiscated in between flights. For example, i got water in Minnesota than landed in Tokyo without seeking entry simply waiting for a plane for a connecting flight and had to go through security again.

In some countries even Toy Guns are prohibited and if declared can result in an arrest. A manager from the band Queensryche was arrested for that i think in Netherlands. Guerrero understood that NY is among the toughtes gun laws in the country, let alone bringing it to JFK airport, remember 9-11?

Now all of a sudden even Yahoo is reporting the incident and giving added publicity to a rather obscure boxing PPV event.

I will expect some Red K from the Ghost Fans, but i find this whole incident bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Don't forget having a license for the weapon

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                      you have the typical Internet message board troll, along with those sad contrarian/devils advocate types who enjoy arguments from behind the safety of their computer monitor. there is absolutely no reason why Guerrero deserves to do time for this unless he is found to be part of some conspiracy to commit murder
                      What the hell are you taking about

If someone's in the illegal possession of a weapon, they can't go to prison unless it can be proved they were going to commit murder. You're getting too emotional about this, that's the rambling of a madman.

Comment

Working...
                      X