Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Price vs. Tony Thompson II RbR & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox only had 2 weeks but perhaps he gave some good advice on the jab and worked on patience.

As for the outcome, I feel that Price has a better chance than before and I respect the rematch. I wonder who he has sparred.

Comment

• Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
      Don't see it going the distance?

Got that covered but no I feel Thompson stops him again and its too difficult to see Thompson getting the decision though the way I have it works out better than if I was to take him outright.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Price can't fight southpaws and has a lot of flaws.

He has no jab, its merely a range finger.

He is what Fury says; a big stiff idiot. He is a big robot, stand infront of him, he'll flatten you with that right hand. You show him movement and he can't pull the trigger! Forget the shot that hit him we know it was weak but focus on Thompson prior. Lateral movement now ask yourself not just about Prices defense but focus on WTF he was doing even prior..

What is he doing attempting an uppercut from there? Answers on a postcard!

Hes just to upright, too stiff and predictable.

Thompson beats him again in my eyes and by stoppage, maybe I am wrong Thompson isn't getting any younger but Price is ****! How on earth this big oaf won an olympic bronze is beyond me.

Amazed so many are picking Price again and the odds, unless Maloney had paid Thompson to lay down I don't see it and think he knocks Price senseless again within a few rounds. That was no freak shot, sure it didn't land perhaps where he wanted it to but he had done his homework and I don't care who is training Price, you can't learn much in a few months.
        What makes me laugh is everyone saying David Price is the heir to the Klitschko throne!!
        I got mocked for saying Povetkin would make easy work of him, I still believe he would...
        Povetkin is much better schooled and can take a better shot than Price.

I really hope Thompson catches him again just to see how he reacts to it...
        I although however do not want to see Price or Thompson get KO'ed in 3/4rounds...

I predict David Price to adopt the same approach Seth Mitchell done against Banks by that I mean he will look to try and box.
        Whether he can do that against a better boxer who knows but one thing is for certain the legs on Thompson can't always remain young that's my only doubt but it'd be a magnificent win for Price If he can pull it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
          Wow how pathetic are you? You don't follow CW so your opinion is based on rankings and boxrec
          So you can't give me any rankings with Wlod at #1, then? That's what I thought.

I'll let this particular side conversation die. Let's get back to focusing on David Price getting his chance at redemption against Tony Thompson...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            So you can't give me any rankings with Wlod at #1, then? That's what I thought.

I'll let this particular side conversation die. Let's get back to focusing on David Price getting his chance at redemption against Tony Thompson...
            OK now please tell me why YOU think he's not numer 1?

Comment

• I got thompson ko4...too many unanswered questions at this point to take price really seriously. To think people called fury a chicken. Fury said lets build the fight for a later date. Fury has wins over cunningham, chisora & kingpin. He is highly rank by the bodies & is about to fight david haye... Price is still looking to pass his first test. Tony thompson was a bad choice by maloney.

Comment

• thompson will carry price like banks carried mitchell
                price could never beat thompson ever

Comment

• I just want a kayo

Comment

• I think Price will break down mentally as soon as he gets tagged again.....Thompson via KO

Comment

• I want to Price stumbling over the ring again, his legs couldn't stand they were like Jelly. It was great to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X