No announcement yet.

Top 12 heavywights h2h all-time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good list.

Of course there is no objective method to rate h2h match ups. That said while I agree with most of your reasoning, I have a different view about some fighters.

I would not have Lewis so high. I don't think he'd get aggressive against fighters of this caliber. While I'd favor him against Frazier, I don't see him surviving against hard hitters with a similar reach like Foreman or Liston. Nor a prime Tyson, or Joe Louis, who was very effective in slipping under a jab and throw combination punches while still using his footwork to give angles and force his opponent to move laterally (while trading). I would have Lewis around 7th or 8th, just above Wladimir.

I'd also have Tyson a bit higher. In my opinion a young Tyson (prior to D'Amato's death, not yet a world champion) would have definitely lost against half of these legendary fighters, but would have given hell to the other half. I'd favor him against Wladimir, Lewis and Holyfield. Vitali's chin and reach could have saved him, but if you are 50-45 or 50-44 after five rounds, it's tough to get a decision.

For the rest, I agree with you, including Frazier rated that high.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz
      Yes he does. In fact, only Lewis beats him (with luck).
      You forgot Chris Byrd

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
        You forgot Chris Byrd

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        I don't count freak injuries as getting beat legitimately.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          Garbage list. Both Klitschko's are much higher.
          'Vitaly swallows'

You sound like a credible guy.
          Instead of trolling why don't you post your own list and reasons why you have which fighters where.

Comment

I don't count freak injuries as getting beat legitimately.
            Sorry, but when you quit in a fight you legitimately lose it. Its why he should have sought a rematch.

Comment

'66 Ali that beat Cleveland Williams. I have never seen another fighter I thought would beat that Ali on that day. On another note, Mike Tyson should be higher on the list IMO. Tyson of '87 would beat almost all other HWs in any other era.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Instead of trolling why don't you post your own list and reasons why you have which fighters where.
                His list would go:

1. Wlad
                2. Vitali
                3... I don't know anyone else.

That being said, I do think Vitali of '03-'04 should be in the lower part of top 12.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Sorry, but when you quit in a fight you legitimately lose it. Its why he should have sought a rematch.
                  He was ahead and would have won that fight without the injury. Everybody knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    His list would go:

1. Wlad
                    2. Vitali
                    3... I don't know anyone else.

That being said, I do think Vitali of '03-'04 should be in the lower part of top 12.
                    Vitali and Wlad are definitely in top 5. The rest is a toss up between the rest of the guys. They can all be interchanged freely IMO, though I think Marciano is missing on the list for sure.

Comment

Vitali and Wlad are definitely in top 5. The rest is a toss up between the rest of the guys. They can all be interchanged freely IMO, though I think Marciano is missing on the list for sure.
                      Why don't you post a list for us? You can explain how and why you have the Klits where you have them, Marciano, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X