No announcement yet.

Top 12 heavywights h2h all-time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    Vitali and Wlad are definitely in top 5. The rest is a toss up between the rest of the guys. They can all be interchanged freely IMO, though I think Marciano is missing on the list for sure.
    I don't agree. As much as they are excellent and hard hitting, talent wise they (especially Vitali) don't come close to some of the American fighters of the past. Vitali is higher on the list for me based on his toughness though. Tyson of old would crash Wlad, no doubt. So would any version of Lewis. Holmes and Ali would slap them both around the ring all night long. Foreman of 72-74 would win against any version of Wlad, not sure about Vitali on that one. My take is Holyfield would give Wlad a very tough fight, his inside game is probably the best ever. I guess at most I would have Vitali #8 Wlad# 10.

I still think Vitali '03 would take any version of Wlad. Too tough, too strong.

Comment

He was ahead and would have won that fight without the injury. Everybody knows that.
      Injuries are part of the sport and why he should have rematched. He most likely would have won without an injury. But that doesn't redeem him from quitting.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I don't agree. As much as they are excellent and hard hitting, talent wise they (especially Vitali) don't come close to some of the American fighters of the past. Vitali is higher on the list for me based on his toughness though. Tyson of old would crash Wlad, no doubt. So would any version of Lewis. Holmes and Ali would slap them both around the ring all night long. Foreman of 72-74 would win against any version of Wlad, not sure about Vitali on that one. My take is Holyfield would give Wlad a very tough fight, his inside game is probably the best ever. I guess at most I would have Vitali #8 Wlad# 10.

I still think Vitali '03 would take any version of Wlad. Too tough, too strong.
        That's fair enough Andy, we like different fighters and have different views.

Comment

Solid list I wouldn't change much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Injuries are part of the sport and why he should have rematched. He most likely would have won without an injury. But that doesn't redeem him from quitting.
            He wasn't 'quitting' - injury forced him to not go on. He's not a 'quitter', you know that. Golota was a quitter.

Comment

He wasn't 'quitting' - injury forced him to not go on. He's not a 'quitter', you know that. Golota was a quitter.
              Sorry bud, but he quit. Many fighters have continued on with serious injuries against more dangerous opponents.

Lets not make this about Vits though. How about a list?

Comment

Sorry bud, but he quit. Many fighters have continued on with serious injuries against more dangerous opponents.

Lets not make this about Vits though. How about a list?
                Nah, I dislike these kinds of lists in general. Your little list is fine, except the Bro's should rank higher.

Comment

Nah, I dislike these kinds of lists in general. Your little list is fine, except the Bro's should rank higher.
                  Ok fair enough. Where do you think they should be ranked and why?

Comment

Ok fair enough. Where do you think they should be ranked and why?
                    As I said, I have both of them in top 5, because they would beat most of your list, H2H, and in the very top, there are some good fights for them in Lewis, Ali, and yes, prime Tyson.

Comment

yeah not sure why Wlad and Vits are in a top 10. WLad gets close but no way VK.

We are talking about guys who when they lost, lost to other amazing boxers, not prime superheavies who lost to middleweights or 37 year old part time golfers.

Comment

Working...
                      X