Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic boxing drops headgear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the WSB there has not been any cuts that I have noticed plus the fights in it are good you don't see guys going up by 1 point and running around the ring.

If a guy wins a fight but gets cut it'll be quite harsh if he can't fight in his next fights due to cuts.

Comment

This is great news.

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
        In the WSB there has not been any cuts that I have noticed plus the fights in it are good you don't see guys going up by 1 point and running around the ring.

If a guy wins a fight but gets cut it'll be quite harsh if he can't fight in his next fights due to cuts.

Negative, there has been quite a few fights stopped early due to cuts like in the first and second season. Just view the fights by time limit that ranges under 15 mins. I guarantee you that if not by knockout then those fights are stopped by cuts.

Comment

About time that the scoring system is being "modernized". I don't like the idea without headgear though. I still believe that it can prevent concussions and hearing damage. But now they're also going to get cut/swollen more often.

Comment

Originally posted by killacash View Post
            Negative, there has been quite a few fights stopped early due to cuts like in the first and second season. Just view the fights by time limit that ranges under 15 mins. I guarantee you that if not by knockout then those fights are stopped by cuts.
            Oh I never saw any fo those fights. Most of the fights I've seen are the current season with Ukraine and GB

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
              i've only ever boxed amateur with 10s and only ever seen 10s used, when are 12s used?
              20 plus years ago I wore 12's for amateur , diamond belt and golden glove tournaments. Don't know if its the same everywhere. I looked up Olympic gloves though and 10's are worn in every weight class, so I was mistaken. Nice catch.
              Last edited by JAB5239; 03-24-2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Awesome news.

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post

Totally worth the risk. Yeah it sucks for the guy that gets cut but its not like guys aren't getting screwed left and right as it is now. Its better for the sport in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                  X