Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What excuse will Floyd make in order to avoid Canelo?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im reserving my judgemnet on this as of right now ,but floyd aint got any reason to duck canelo as he's not betaten anyone worthy ..

but if canelo beats trout fair and square , you can bet your ass , floyd aint gonna make it easy to make this fight happen , if at all....

we all know how floyd operates..smart but he aint gonna fool the legacy gods...

Comment

He's gonna say......" I don't know who or when I'm gonna fight....I wanna spend time with my kids and focus on promoting"

Comment

You do know GBP already mentioned possible opponents for Canelo's first PPV, Cotto, Martinez, and Angulo, none of them were Floyd. So GBP has other plans for Canelo. Expect Floyd to fight either Alexander-Brook winner, Maidana, Thurman? Some 140 pounder coming up in weight? Or who knows, maybe Guerrero fights so good and so competitive in a close fight that we could even see a Mayweather-Guerrero II for September.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          You do know GBP already mentioned possible opponents for Canelo's first PPV, Cotto, Martinez, and Angulo, none of them were Floyd. So GBP has other plans for Canelo. Expect Floyd to fight either Alexander-Brook winner, Maidana, Thurman? Some 140 pounder coming up in weight? Or who knows, maybe Guerrero fights so good and so competitive in a close fight that we could even see a Mayweather-Guerrero II for September.
          They're gonna try to replicate the same buzz Mayweather-Pacquiao had, or at least I think. I'm expecting Cotto to be next in line for Canelo, granted he gets past Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetScience View Post
            He's gonna say......" I don't know who or when I'm gonna fight....I wanna spend time with my kids and focus on promoting"
            I imagine the huge contract he signed with Showtime will not allow 1-2 year vacations.

Comment

And here we go but we need more of this sort of threads because you guys are still behind the Mosley and Hatton "Ducking" threads in terms of numbers, the buzz for those fights were much more than this one but am sure it would go into overdrive if Canelo KO Trout.

Comment

They never ruled out Floyd. Those were just possible opponents they don't get Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  They're gonna try to replicate the same buzz Mayweather-Pacquiao had, or at least I think. I'm expecting Cotto to be next in line for Canelo, granted he gets past Trout.
                  People are relatively quiet right now about Canelo vs Mayweather, but you already see the little "Floyd ducking Canelo" shots being thrown around. Wait 'til Canelo beats Trout, it's gonna really blow up. Canelo will go from "unproven/green", to "OMG Floyd scared" in just one fight, which is pretty funny if you think about it. One pro fight changes absolutely everything about a fighter for these guys. To me, i've known since about 2009 that Canelo is the real deal, with the eye test, how he carries himself and the patience he has for his age. Since about 2011 I already saw him as ready for Floyd as he'll ever be. TBH a 2011 Canelo has as much of a chance at beating Floyd as a Canelo with wins over Trout and Cotto would have in 2014. People like to act as if a dude's style changes or something after they fight a couple of good boxers.

Now if we're talking about does Canelo's chance increases BECAUSE Floyd will be 37 by the time they may fight in May 2014, of course his chances increases then, but that's because of age, not because Canelo became better. But let's say a 2014 Canelo, or whatever version you want to bring vs a 2011 Floyd, Canelo would have the same chance every time out.

Comment

I don't really believe Floyd's all that worried about Canelo but if he ducks the winner of his fight with Trout it's going to look pretty bad for him.

Comment

People are relatively quiet right now about Canelo vs Mayweather, but you already see the little "Floyd ducking Canelo" shots being thrown around. Wait 'til Canelo beats Trout, it's gonna really blow up. Canelo will go from "unproven/green", to "OMG Floyd scared" in just one fight, which is pretty funny if you think about it. One pro fight changes absolutely everything about a fighter for these guys. To me, i've known since about 2009 that Canelo is the real deal, with the eye test, how he carries himself and the patience he has for his age. Since about 2011 I already saw him as ready for Floyd as he'll ever be. TBH a 2011 Canelo has as much of a chance at beating Floyd as a Canelo with wins over Trout and Cotto would have in 2014. People like to act as if a dude's style changes or something after they fight a couple of good boxers.

Now if we're talking about does Canelo's chance increases BECAUSE Floyd will be 37 by the time they may fight in May 2014, of course his chances increases then, but that's because of age, not because Canelo became better. But let's say a 2014 Canelo, or whatever version you want to bring vs a 2011 Floyd, Canelo would have the same chance every time out.
                      Agree 100%, this time Canelo gets to reassure me of how good I truly believe he is. A ton of people are gonna feel ****** after he disposes of Trout. Wouldn't surprise me if Canelo is the dude to end Mayweather's reign, he actually worries me the most.

Comment

Working...
                      X