• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
    Showtime give you Pac VS Mosely, Khan VS Molina, Canelo VS Lopez... Meh
    Super Six
    Canelo/Trout coming up

Comment

• HBO is FUKED! Would have been smart to just sign Broner Long Term just to keep that one young fighter to go into the future with

But that wouldn't have worked either if all of his potential opponents are with Showtime and he is just with HBO, would have been hard to make matches and put together undercards

HBO is going to struggle for a few years until they can find/develop that new star...this sucks for boxing IMO! Fans shouldn't have to pick sides but now they are kinda forcing you to do so

But I still won't, I will still watch HBO and Showtime as well as GBP and Top Rank events

Comment

• Problems for Problem, GBP and Showtime

Showtime just coughed up a whole lotta mula to Moneyboy...so that doesn't leave much for the rest of the crew! Bad call in the long run; when showtime cuts back on boxing because the ratings aren't what they hoped they would be...well...problems!

Comment

• Though this is big for Showtime, HBO will be fine. They been through worse when Tyson and Don King left for Showtime years ago. HBO will move forward in another direction and again be strong. This will give them a chance to work with other promoters and these other Promoters will benefit by the chance to grow stronger. Believe it or not, this may hurt Golden Boy more than it will HBO. It is no secret HBO is more willing to put the bigger bucks for fights and has many more viewers.
          Last edited by TBear; 03-19-2013, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            Thats one of the most naive things I've heard here. All promoters are self serving crooks, the only reason you like GBP is because they promote floyd.
            I could actually care less if they promote him. I don't favor one promotional company more then the other what kinda **** is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
              HBO is killing their brand from a boxing standpoint.

The ONLY thing HBO really has going for them at this point is Lampley/Kellerman/Jones Jr/Merchant/Lederman. Those guys are what REALLY makes the HBO brand. Nothing else.

The Showtime commentators are perfectly capable of calling fights, but they always come off as 2nd tier to the HBO guys.

You can't replicate Lederman's "OK Jim..."

or Roy Jones subtle one ups on the other guys opinions because he's boxed and they haven't.

Lampley's random comments and antics

Kellerman's EXTREMELY insightful comments and analysis.

The HBO guys and their chemistry is special and endearing. No matter how good the action is in the ring or who is in the ring, Showtime fights never feel quite as major to me for these reasons.

Boxing needs a dictatorship...I hate this ish.
              Got to say I prefer HBO, I feel they're the gold standard and I'm disappointed Broner v Malignaggi is moved to Showtime.

Comment

• This is gonna ruin boxing. Fights like donaire-mares and pac/mayweather are officially never gonna happen. The concept of a single champion in a division is gonna be even less likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeKickAss View Post
                  Super Six
                  Canelo/Trout coming up
                  Super six was good, but that ish took way too long.
                  Also Canelo/Trout probably would've been on HBO if they didn't have a falling out for a September fight for Canelo

Comment

• GBP just produce fighters but it's HBO who turns them into stars. GBP made a big mistake when they listened to haymon who cares for no one but himself, they're so blinded of the easy buck, they do not think of the long term

Comment

• Is Betty bitter?

Comment

Working...
                      X