Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Ends Golden Boy Relationship, Passes on Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is great for promoters like DiBella.

Sucks for boxing.

Comment

• Golden boy and al haymon pulled may weather away from HBO for the same amount of money HBO was already paying, and than demanded HBO pay absurd amounts of moneynto Adrian broner to fight guys like malignaggi.

This is the best move HBO has done in years, if golden boy wants a network to build up fighters while making millions, let them do it elsewhere.

Comment

• this is one of the biggest stories of the year. boxing will irreparably be changed from deals like this one.

two massive promotors building alliances with networks? gnarly. this could get wild. we might get great fights, we met get garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
          The only fighters he wouldn't be able to fight is top rank fighters I don't see other promoters turning down big fights on show time as long as there's money being poured into this everyone will be happy.
          top rank fighters or hbo fighters. which martinez and ward are. and ggg is soon to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            this is one of the biggest stories of the year. boxing will irreparably be changed from deals like this one.

two massive promotors building alliances with networks? gnarly. this could get wild. we might get great fights, we met get garbage.
            There will be more unansewered fantsy fights too. Hopefully this only last this year because I don't want to sEe endless rematches between the same fighters year after year.

Comment

• The real loser here is Friday night fights, a lot of their talent will be moving over to HBO now.

Talk about making dumb moves on emotion, how long before Hershman is fired or HBO drops boxing now? I know some people are happy over this but outside of Chavez jr who is going to be bringing in those ratings for HBO now?

I think this move is just another step HBO is taking to slash it's budget even further, they picked up Hershman because he could do big things with a small SHO budget. While HBO keeps cutting the budget SHO is increasing it, who knows but I see HBO easing it's way out of the boxing business.

Comment

• talking about a jilted lover.....smh.....this is what boxing has turned into.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Are you blind? We mentioned that fact in about 100 stories, including the one you are commenting on.
                  HAHAHA!

Comment

• This will put Oscar's company down the tubes, unless CBS puts boxing on primetime televsision. Otherwise, this is good for HBO and we'll have more competition amongst other promoters to get on HBO.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                      Not really if one company basically controls the sport then top fighters will have no choice but to fight each other and the bull **** of working with other promoters won't be a issue.
                      Thats one of the most naive things I've heard here. All promoters are self serving crooks, the only reason you like GBP is because they promote floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X