No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Ends Golden Boy Relationship, Passes on Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twako View Post
    probably a one-time deal eh? they went back to hbo right after.
    Arum was having problems with the HBO bosses. The trip to Showtime was to show them that they weren't irreplaceable. HBO started playing hard to get games with Arum and I believe that because of losing the Pacquiao fight, the top guy Ross Greenburg and his deputy, Kerry Davis, were both replaced.

I believe that Mayweather's move to Showtime was impelled by the fact that his career is coming to a close. The terms-according to the reports- show this to me anyway. He is signed for ONE fight, for $30 mill, with possible options for up to another 5, to a maximum of 6 fights and in a time limit of 2 1/2 years. Nothing startling about this. If Showtime don't like one of his fights they can chose to stop the deal. Which is logical.

Mayweather will need to chose opponents who will pressure him without being able to hurt him much, making it look good.
    Last edited by edgarg; 03-18-2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Dumb move by HBO.

Comment

• It was never happening anyways.

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
        Y'all do know this means that mares donaire will really never happen now right?

Comment

• This is not all bad. It'll be a boon to guys like LDB, K2, and esp Gary Shaw who's been totally cut out since Espinoza took over "Shawtime". Since SHO will have a hard time paying the purses of all those GBP guys, some are bound to sign with these smaller guy for TV dates (good ones!)

Comment

• This could be good for the sport if HBO chooses to buy the best fights from all of the promoters it can. Meaning DiBella, Shaw, Goosen, Duva and the like.

But if HBO chooses to work exclusively with just Bob Arum then expect to see a bunch of crappy Pinoy Power and Latin Fury caliber cards on the network.

Comment

• Man, I don't like this news at all.

Comment

• We might be seeing a ridiculously stacked CBS Primetime event on a night where HBO has a PPV on.

Comment

• As of late most of the GB/HBO cards were garbage , Shotime was getting the cream of their lineup and their actual competitive fights so not surprised Hershman said why bother.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                    Nonetheless, HBO fed us all that bias crap about Broner all these years just to end like this.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    True, they sold him hard and shamelessly. Can't help but "lol" that.

Comment

• Showtime give you Pac VS Mosely, Khan VS Molina, Canelo VS Lopez... Meh

Comment

Working...
                      X