Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Reveals Financial Issues on HBO's Real Sports

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Tyson is the smartest dumb guy I know in the history of boxing. He makes millions just telling people how ****ed up and broke his life has been since retiring from boxing. That old man has the last laugh on everyone.

Fail

Comment

Originally posted by newyorican_papi View Post
      Mike Tyson is the smartest dumb guy I know in the history of boxing. He makes millions just telling people how ****ed up and broke his life has been since retiring from boxing. That old man has the last laugh on everyone.

Fail
      Mike won't fail.......... Stupido, He's a Winner, and will allways Be!!!

Comment

He must still be making more than most, he still lives in a mansion.

Comment

The rich don't go broke like the rest of us. Remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            this is bang on!!!!!they got friends, money stashes & someone will always throw out a safety line...movies, books, talk shows,etc...

Comment

Originally posted by newyorican_papi View Post

Fail
              i see your point but he did have to lay to rest one of his children. no money can ever help with that...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                i see your point but he did have to lay to rest one of his children. no money can ever help with that...
                I'm confused...what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  And why is that? Obviously because they are so much smarter than us and prepared than us....NOT!

For all the people castigating Tyson I bet you do not realize the facts which damn fighters....these facts will also catch up with Money Mayweather, they are inevitable as the sun coming up and the IRS know this which is criminal. Yes they did it to Louis... and RR and almost every fighter who made real money.When they could not get Johnson they labelled him a criminal, so even the smart cannot escape it and for people like the Weebler who think it is irresponsable behavoir that is only a part of the story.

Imagine if you will that you are a fighter and this dude says "your my partner *****" you reluctantly sign on the line and see that the partner takes almost 50% of your gross and does it stop there? you buy a few nice luxury goods, maybe a few houses and a Maybach, well you get taxed on those transactions and pay property tax perpetually. Let me tell you this..do any of you know actually how much tax an entertainer, whose income is all on the table...pays in taxes!!!? I bet after all considerations these guys pay between 75 and 80% in taxes....Most NBA guys are broke after 5 years (true statistic) and they make the most of any team sports.

Now consider that most people you pay are paid out of your net, not your gross....so when you pay your trainer, promoter, etc....at about 20% start to figure what you are left with.

Bottom line is that Mike Tyson was not so dumb as people imagine. The IRS knows with earned income that they can break most high earners which is why very few high earners become "rich." Rich people design their affairs so they make absolutely no earned income....

So think before you talk **** about athletes folks.... I am not referring to the poster I am answering but to you haters who never earned enough to know what bastards the IRS can be.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    this is bang on!!!!!they got friends, money stashes & someone will always throw out a safety line...movies, books, talk shows,etc...
                    Correct yourself sir...I can guarantee that with this understanding you will never be rich. Here is the rich mentality: The richest man in China has five sons. He gave them the best education and instructed them in the family business....He took his fortune and gave it away to cancer research....all of it. When asked why he said "my sons have all the tools they need to succeed if they work hard they do not need a loadstone around their necks to prevent them from being hungry for success.

Now I am sure that old man will have provisions that allow for him to invest in the labors of his kids....that is their advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      Correct yourself sir...I can guarantee that with this understanding you will never be rich. Here is the rich mentality: The richest man in China has five sons. He gave them the best education and instructed them in the family business....He took his fortune and gave it away to cancer research....all of it. When asked why he said "my sons have all the tools they need to succeed if they work hard they do not need a loadstone around their necks to prevent them from being hungry for success.

Now I am sure that old man will have provisions that allow for him to invest in the labors of his kids....that is their advantage.
                      i see your point...i will never be rich but i do pretty well for myself(legally) but i won't correct myself sir because in my opinion you can get rich playing on either side of the law & when you are on the outside of the law there are different rules...money stashes, laundering, business fronts, holes in the desert, etc.
                      Last edited by joe strong; 03-19-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X