Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard does Rigo hit in comparison to Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
    Why didn't Doniare KO the tall black fella, Vazquez jr (basic fighter, no am exp), navarez?

But he's going to stop Rigo?

Donaire has no jab, he loads up on power shots, he will NEVER find Rigo. EVER. No jab =/ not winning the fight. Rigo will control donaire all fight long and hurt him, you'll see.
    Hurt hand vs Vasquez

Recovering from that injury vs Mathebula

you are gonna see what happens when a great fighter steps in the ring with an elite fighter. he's gonna make rigo look like an amatuer and rigo is good at doing that himself these days. Donaire is gonna KO Rigondeaux and what rd that happens in depends on the size of the ring

Comment

Why didn't Doniare KO the tall black fella, Vazquez jr (basic fighter, no am exp), navarez?

But he's going to stop Rigo?

Donaire has no jab, he loads up on power shots, he will NEVER find Rigo. EVER. No jab =/ not winning the fight. Rigo will control donaire all fight long and hurt him, you'll see.

This ^

All 3 took his left hook away for most part and he was clueless. If he had a jab, he'd be a lot better and would be able to set his left hook up more/more effectively instead he has to rely on guys coming to him & leaving themselves wide open.

Rigondeaux is going to light him up.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        This ^

All 3 took his left hook away for most part and he was clueless. If he had a jab, he'd be a lot better and would be able to set his left hook up more/more effectively instead he has to rely on guys coming to him & leaving themselves wide open.

Rigondeaux is going to light him up.
        Donaire is going to have to fight 12 rounds here!!! Np more old slow fighters who just stand there and let him go up ont he scorecards. Donaire is going to have to be in a fight for 12 rounds. He will not have the luxury of loading on power shots with slow fighters. 12 ROUND FIGHT!!!!!

Listen, if Donaire falls down 4-0, he's going to have to open up, like Mayweather says, when you fight me it looks easy on the outside, when you getinside before you know it you're down on the scorecards 0-4 and the loss creeps up on you, Donaire is going to have to change his style when he's down on the scorecards. He gets reckless he's getting hurt!! Mark my words

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Speed advantage & Counter punching ability; Donaire?When it comes to counter punching ability I think Accuracy should be strongly taken into consideration & the reality is Donaire simply isn't very accurate. He isn't faster than Rigondeaux and he certainly isn't the better counterpuncher just because hes been able to time a few sloppy brawlers who couldn't throw a straight punch to save their lives with a lefthook.

Ring I.Q; Rigondeaux
          Defense, lateral movement, head movement; Rigondeaux
          Accuracy, timing; Rigondeaux
          Bodypunching/punch variety; Rigondeaux

Overall experience; Rigondeaux though Donaire has fought at a higher level/the better opposition.
          Beat me to it, Dan. Nonito is not faster than Rigo, and he's not the better counter-puncher, for the reasons you stated. Donaire can take your head off with a counter-hook, but he loads up so much that a guy like Guillermo can really take advantage of the opening.

All this talk of Rigo getting KOed...SMH. We'll see.

Comment

Donaire is going to have to fight 12 rounds here!!! Np more old slow fighters who just stand there and let him go up ont he scorecards. Donaire is going to have to be in a fight for 12 rounds. He will not have the luxury of loading on power shots with slow fighters. 12 ROUND FIGHT!!!!!

Listen, if Donaire falls down 4-0, he's going to have to open up, like Mayweather says, when you fight me it looks easy on the outside, when you getinside before you know it you're down on the scorecards 0-4 and the loss creeps up on you, Donaire is going to have to change his style when he's down on the scorecards. He gets reckless he's getting hurt!! Mark my words
            Nice analysis.

Rigondeaux is better than anyone Donaire has yet faced. It's going to be a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Nice analysis.

Rigondeaux is better than anyone Donaire has yet faced. It's going to be a great fight.
              This is one of the most intriguesing matchups in years bro. I'm literally counting down the days. Everyone has a diff range of opinions : Rigo will school him, Donaire will Ko him...........

I'm literally counting down the days. Literally. Everyday on youtube I'm watching highlight videos, interviews, pumping myself up.

Can't wait!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
                I didn't make that claim and you and I both know that Rigo didn't fight any amateurs. Rigo does however have wins equal to the # of Donaire opponents with loosing records.

Many people say that Rigo isn't worthy of fighting Donaire and is basically a glorified amateur. Fine. But to be an inexperienced pro-fighter with a title and has dominated his opponents the way he has. In 10 fights. Come on now. He deserves a considerable amount of credit.

I wonder why Donaire wasn't rushed to fight for a world title in his 10th fight. Even if it was against amateurs.
                because he wasn't 30 years old turning pro

Comment

This is one of the most intriguesing matchups in years bro. I'm literally counting down the days. Everyone has a diff range of opinions : Rigo will school him, Donaire will Ko him...........

I'm literally counting down the days. Literally. Everyday on youtube I'm watching highlight videos, interviews, pumping myself up.

Can't wait!!!!!
                  Wow. Are you attending the fight? I am. Can't wait either.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Wow. Are you attending the fight? I am. Can't wait either.
                    I've thought about it, but I have no one to go with.

Comment

I've thought about it, but I have no one to go with.
                      If you're anywhere near NYC, you need to find someone! Good tickets are reasonably priced. A few of us from Boxingscene are meeting up at the venue.

Comment

Working...
                      X