Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's got the better resumé Broner or Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    I'd say the PDL win wasn't anything better than good. That win was highly controversial & PDL wasn't a jr lightweight either. But Broner's resume is better.
    But I'd say Ponce proved in that fight that he could fight effectively at that weight. It was a legit/decent win. DeMarco was a good win, he was the #1 Lightweight. Than he has 2 other wins over guys that were presently in the Top 10 when he fought them, Litzau and Perez.

Canelo only really has Rhodes, who was in the Top 10 at the time. But if he beats Trout, I'd go Canelo because I think Trout has proven he is that good. He's beaten Delvin and Cotto, both good wins.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      But I'd say Ponce proved in that fight that he could fight effectively at that weight. It was a legit/decent win. DeMarco was a good win, he was the #1 Lightweight. Than he has 2 other wins over guys that were presently in the Top 10 when he fought them, Litzau and Perez.

Canelo only really has Rhodes, who was in the Top 10 at the time. But if he beats Trout, I'd go Canelo because I think Trout has proven he is that good. He's beaten Delvin and Cotto, both good wins.
      PDL was no better than a good/decent win, because the fight was controversial.

Everything else I agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        PDL was no better than a good/decent win, because the fight was controversial.

Everything else I agree with.
        Legit/decent and good/decent.....same f**king thing

Comment

Mosley(you all should be happy he beat a cheater), Cintron, Rhodes, the great Baldomir that Floyd fought, the great Alfonso Gomez Cotto beat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DeMarco and a Ponce robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Mosley(you all should be happy he beat a cheater), Cintron, Rhodes, the great Baldomir that Floyd fought, the great Alfonso Gomez Cotto beat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DeMarco and a Ponce robbery.
            Out of all those fighters you named for Canelo, only one was in the Top 10.

What makes beating that version of Cintron better than Broner beating Litzau? For example.

And you surely aren't even going to pretend that Baldomir and Gomez are the same version's of the one's who fought Mayweather and Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Out of all those fighters you named for Canelo, only one was in the Top 10.

What makes beating that version of Cintron better than Broner beating Litzau? For example.

And you surely aren't even going to pretend that Baldomir and Gomez are the same version's of the one's who fought Mayweather and Cotto.
              Exactly. Baldomir was actually coming off a big win over Judah at the time, and was a highly ranked Welterweight at the time.

Broner's beaten technically 4 fighters in the Top 10 before. Litzau and Perez were both Top 10 at 130, DeMarco and Rees both Top 10 at 135. He also has a close fight with Ponce, that could have gone either way in my opinion.

Canelo has beaten 1 fighter in the Top 10, Rhodes, which is equal to a Lizau/Perez/Rees in my book. Mosley hadn't won a fight in over 2 years, Cintron wasn't Top 10 and was coming off a convincing loss to Molina, Gomez wasn't Top 10, Matthew Hatton was a joke, and Josesito Lopez is a JWW/WW.

Prior to fighting Trout, and I'm ecstatic that he's fighting Trout to prove himself, he had many chances to fight legit opposition, and didn't.

He could have fought Angulo in September or November 2011, instead of Cintron and Gomez. He could have fought Molina in November 2011 instead of Cintron. He could have fought Kirkland or Delvin in May 2012 instead of Mosley. And he could have fought Bundrage, Rosado, Trout, Molina in September 2012 instead of Lopez.

I'm glad Canelo is on the right track with fighting Trout now. Should be a great fight, and a big fight for him.
              Last edited by 4Corners; 03-16-2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Right Now? Broner! Broner jumped into the 135 Division and took on one of if not the best in the division the guy that was rated #1 in the Division in DeMarco, even going back to the fight in which a lot of you say he lost...at 19-20 to be honest, Broner probably had no business being in with Ponce De Leon at that age, but it was a excellent learning experience and Broner is a much better fighter now and in rematch Broner Blows Ponce Away, people always leave out that Ponce De Leon is the one that turned down a rematch with Broner

Canelo is just now taking the first big Test of his entire career by fighting Trout

It is kinda funny when you see people try to put Pressure On Broner to step up his level of competition but when it comes to Canelo....SILENCE! Or they make all type of excuses for him

I don't give Canelo no props for fighting Trout, because IT IS ABOUT FUKING TIME! He literally ducked him in 2012 to fight Josesito Lopez and his ****ty excuses for doing so was that "TROUT WAS NOT EXCITING ENOUGH" and a lot of his fans and so called boxing fans gave him a pass for that but yet you get on these Forums trying to put pressure on Broner when he has stepped up competition but his talent has allowed him to make "STEP UPS" look like Bums
                Last edited by sicko; 03-16-2013, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  it was vasquez first pro fight when they first fought. after that they fought at welterweight...

so no, vasquez not > than demarco.

what a silly thing to say.

Exactly. That's why I said Broner has the more significant wins. Canelo has a better resume though in the technical sense.

So you agree Floyd and Pac are more hype than great with that statement, btw?

Canelo is on the way to their status if he keeps beating up on old Warriors with a good win tossed every now and then.

that felt really trolly to say...... Not sure how I feel anymore

Comment

i would say they're pretty even. ponce and demarco = old/shot baldomir, cintron, mosley. and gomez is an ok fighter. i hold gomez in higher regards than jason litzau and its on par or maybe a little better than broner's win over escobedo

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                      On paper? Canelo by a longshot.... But taking age, etc into consideration? Maybe Broner. Josisito lopez while dangerously undersized is a Demarco type of win...maybe better since Ortiz is a higher caliber fighter than Demarco imo and Josesito beat him.... Name wise Canelo has Shane which is probably a bigger name than Broner will ever beat.... Cintron is a decent lil win too... Baldomir too... Resume? Canelo has a better one... But Broner might have the more SIGNIFICANT wins. The Ponce win is his best imo..controversial or not Ponce is better than Demarco to me.
                      Josesito Lopez is the worst win on his resume imo....a fat and slow LWW that only weighed 143 or 144 for his only WW fight....

Comment

Working...
                      X