Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's got the better resumé Broner or Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner has the better resume but if Canelo beats Trout he'll surpass Broner.

Comment

Broner of course, but they are both still in the beginning of their careers. A lot can change in the near future.

Comment

This is the third time in recent memory that I've seen this question, and not much has changed. Canelo has many more fights, Broner has the better win. Let's wait a couple years.

Comment

Canelo has the better resume and Vasquez>Demarco

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
            No way dude. Those two might be the same caliber fighters but one was #1 in his natural weight class while the other was going up TWO weight classes and looked pudgy as ****.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            Don't disagree with you but I'm going by names/resume wise and quality of fighter. I mean Broner always seems bigger than everyone else and while Demarco was in HIS nat weight class..I dont think Broner is in his (this isnt a hate on Broner I actually am a pretty big fan) so I'm just trying to play devils advocate or spin it both ways.

BasicLly these guys haven't exactly done anything they weren't supposed to. Canelo is first up though having a legit toss-up tyep fight of the two. Broner has more options..if they chose to exercise then.
            Last edited by NearHypnos; 03-16-2013, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              Canelo has the better resume and Vasquez>Demarco

it was vasquez first pro fight when they first fought. after that they fought at welterweight...

so no, vasquez not > than demarco.

what a silly thing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                Don't disagree with you but I'm going by names/resume wise and quality of fighter. I mean Broner always seems bigger than everyone else and while Demarco was in HIS nat weight class..I dont think Broner is in his (this isnt a hate on Broner I actually am a pretty big fan) so I'm just trying to play devils advocate or spin it both ways.

BasicLly these guys haven't exactly done anything they weren't supposed to. Canelo is first up though having a legit toss-up tyep fight of the two. Broner has more options..if they chose to exercise then.

names aren't as important as context. all resume need context.

history needs context.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

No way dude. Those two might be the same caliber fighters but one was #1 in his natural weight class while the other was going up TWO weight classes and looked pudgy as ****.

I see where you're coming from but by the time Canelo fought and beat those guys they had 0 quality to their name.

Comment

Broner easily. He actually has two legit/good wins over Ponce and DeMarco, and beat other fighters who were Top 10 at 130.

Canelo's only win so far that is anything worth anything is Rhodes, who was in the Top 10 at the time. That's equal to Broner's wins over Litzau and Perez, who were both not that great but Top 10 at the time.

But if Canelo beats Trout, he'll surpass Broner probably, because Trout is that good.
                    Last edited by 4Corners; 03-16-2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Broner easily. He actually has two legit/good wins over Ponce and DeMarco, and beat other fighters who were Top 10 at 130.

Canelo's only win so far that is anything worth anything is Rhodes, who was in the Top 10 at the time. That's equal to Broner's wins over Litzau and Perez, who were both not that great but Top 10 at the time.

But if Canelo beats Trout, he'll surpass Broner probably, because Trout is that good.
                      I'd say the PDL win wasn't anything better than good. That win was highly controversial & PDL wasn't a jr lightweight either. But Broner's resume is better.

Comment

Working...
                      X