Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward - Break this guy down. What makes him so great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't really say much that hasn't already been said. Andre Ward is an exceptional fighter, for many, many reasons, but I think one of his qualities that is often overlooked (and overlooked in a lot of other top fighters and top sportsmen generally) is his composure. Ward is in a state of zen between those ropes, never panicked, never frustrated, never tense. Achieving a state of mind like this is helped by having all the fundamentals, excellent athleticism and excellent ring intelligence of course, but it's rare even in other fighters who are more or less the full package. It's like being in 'the Zone' permanently.

Comment

I disagree with people saying he's not that fast.

Is he ever. I really can't think of faster 168'ers.

Comment

Has a mean streak in the ring..plus he does what is necessary to win, elbows and headbutts included.

Comment

Systematically cleaned out one of the hottest divisions in the sport at the time. He's a fighter that proves you don't need to jump weight classes to be the best fighter in the sport.

You can't criticise him either, he hasn't avoided anyone. He dismantled the top opponents in his division. He OUTCLASSED Carl Froch with 1 hand.

He has a 0 that isn't fabricated or well picked out, he earnt it by beating the best available.

Comment

Working...
          X