No announcement yet.

"but hes only 23 years. hes still a young guy."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
    Oh really? Let's take a look at what other guys have done at 23.

At the age of 23, Erik Morales was fighting the best possible opponent in his division, Marco Antonio Barrera. He didn't skip out on the fight or the division to fight a guy with 7 kos. He manned up and signed on to fight one of the best in the world, at 23. I don't recall anyone saying "he's only 23 ". They were asking to see if he was ready for the next level. He was, and a legend was born.
    That's only one example and I'm sure there are others, but that doesn't change the fact 23 is still young. I'm sure we could find many more examples of good fighters that were not doing much at 23, than those that were.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      @ the bolded: REALLY Maniac????????? Before the kid got to 135 nobody mentioned any of the fighters bolded. You know why? Because they are just good fighters, and no one considers them the elite of the weight class, because the true test in that division was who??????? Demarco, thats who. So who did he go straight to the divison and fight?????? Demarco. He went for #2 in the division right after that right? Burns flaked out so he fought a tune up in Rees(cant knock him for a stay busy can we? Or can't we?).

If you ask me I'd rather see him fight Acosta at 135 being that he can box, has great lateral movement, and has very good pop.

Now yes Lucas will be a good fight. A great fight even as he can truly test Broner.

Garcia? Good fighter, but lets be honest his only claim to fame is the Amir fight. I think he has the potential to be greater than he is atm, but he's not there yet, and has Zab lined up correct? Correct.

Brandon and Mike are getting ready to fight again(very much looking forward to this fight, the last one was FOTY for me).

Peterson? So i guess all is forgiven on the whole ped/testosterone deal huh? Not to mention he hasnt broken through yet. Hell, Anthony would've been a better fight than Lamont, being that Anthony has more pop.

None of them are HOFers. Hell none of them are even the top of their divison for Christ's sake. I see nothing wrong with the kid getting his feet wet at 147, being that he jumped in 135 feet first. If he goes back down to 140 like he mentioned is very much a possiblity then great. If not, those jokers will be moving up to 147 anyway so the fights are bound to be on the table in the near future.
      Very good points, my man. You know the funny thing about the "bum ass DeMarco" comment, is that Maniac actually picked him to beat Broner and bet heavily on it too. lol I believe these guys think if Broner stays at 147, he's safe from all those guys at 140. Its funny what kind of opinions are formed from hating on a fighter. I don't recall Guerrero receiving that kind of criticizem.

Comment

When was the last time Saul tweeted and made videos that "so and so can get it, and he can get it, and if he wants it he can get it too"? When was the last time he pretended not to know who his biggest competitors are?

Never. Saul, @ 22 is fighting someone who is arguably the best in the division. He was lined to fight Williams.

Broner has pretended to want to fight but backs down when the opportunity arises.
        Ok. Now I'm confused. Are u bashing Broner, ginger or both?

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
          Very good points, my man. You know the funny thing about the "bum ass DeMarco" comment, is that Maniac actually picked him to beat Broner and bet heavily on it too. lol I believe these guys think if Broner stays at 147, he's safe from all those guys at 140. Its funny what kind of opinions are formed from hating on a fighter. I don't recall Guerrero receiving that kind of criticizem.
          There's really no need to bring the Ghost into this cesspool of hate bro. he was well established, took more than a year off for health reasons & has a deathly ill wife. That's just feeding & fanning the flame of useless hate.

The only thing I find absurd are the canelo fans hating on Broner, that is just crazy. Beyond hypocritical. If I were a fan of either, I don't think I could barge into a tread about the other with a straight face. Horrible fanbases on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
            Im with you all the way Ross my man. I saw he bet a **** ton on Demarco, and laughed cause i knew he couldnt possible be that hell bent.

Great point about the Ghost bruh. I guess he got lost in all the hubbub.

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            There's really no need to bring the Ghost into this cesspool of hate bro. he was well established, took more than a year off for health reasons & has a deathly ill wife. That's just feeding & fanning the flame of useless hate.

The only thing I find absurd are the canelo fans hating on Broner, that is just crazy. Beyond hypocritical. If I were a fan of either, I don't think I could barge into a tread about the other with a straight face. Horrible fanbases on both sides.
            As much as I feel for what Robert went through with his wife, it does not negate the fact thet he indeed did skip past the "monsters" of 140, beat an exposed Berto, and now is getting his shot. He wasnt all that established either, he was budding. You givin him(The Ghost)too much BB bruh.

Comment

Oh really? Let's take a look at what other guys have done at 23.

At the age of 23, Erik Morales was fighting the best possible opponent in his division, Marco Antonio Barrera. He didn't skip out on the fight or the division to fight a guy with 7 kos. He manned up and signed on to fight one of the best in the world, at 23. I don't recall anyone saying "he's only 23 ". They were asking to see if he was ready for the next level. He was, and a legend was born.
              The difference is that Erik was a man who dared to be great. He was too ****ing mean and arrogant to turn down a chance to prove who the man was. They don't make many like Morales.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                Im with you all the way Ross my man. I saw he bet a **** ton on Demarco, and laughed cause i knew he couldnt possible be that hell bent.

Great point about the Ghost bruh. I guess he got lost in all the hubbub.

As much as I feel for what Robert went through with his wife, it does not negate the fact thet he indeed did skip past the "monsters" of 140, beat an exposed Berto, and now is getting his shot. He wasnt all that established either, he was budding. You givin him(The Ghost)too much BB bruh.
                Nah, the circumstances are nothing alike. Not at all. I think he just drew that comparison because he wanted to defend Broner. The Ghost's 1st trip to 147 wasn't a title shot. He didn't pick the weakest title link & storm the castle.

I went through this yesterday. Misery loves company. I understand that 1 has the right to take offense in a garbage tread like this, but don't bring another fighter who has nothing to do with this into it, just cause you mad.

Comment

"beat an exposed Berto"

That's weird cause 90% of this forum thought Berto was going to "demolish" and "wreck" Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                    Not a chance in Hell he fights Thurman. The story line is there though. Thurman's been calling out Paulie. Paulie's fighting Broner. If Broner wins, no reason why this fight shouldn't happen. Makes total sense.

"Anyone CAN get it." Unless they're not midgets, or dynamic in any way shape or form.
                    You are probably right but he did fight DeMarco so maybe he will fight some decent welterweights if he beats Paulie. Off topic I think that game of thrones is a great series. We are addicted to it at my home.

Comment

But we are talking a 29 (I think) year old fighter doing it, compared to a 23 year old fighter. Guerrero didn't have to beat Matthysse, Garcia, and Rios first to move up to 147.

The only thing I find absurd are the canelo fans hating on Broner, that is just crazy.
                      Yeah, that's stupid, but I have a pretty good idea why and they should check them selves because of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X