No announcement yet.

"but hes only 23 years. hes still a young guy."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
    When was the last time Saul tweeted and made videos that "so and so can get it, and he can get it, and if he wants it he can get it too"? When was the last time he pretended not to know who his biggest competitors are?

Never. Saul, @ 22 is fighting someone who is arguably the best in the division. He was lined to fight Williams.

Broner has pretended to want to fight but backs down when the opportunity arises.
    I'm not defending Broner here. Like I said the dude is overrated & overhyped. What i'm saying is how can any canelo fan come into this tread at this time, (before canelo has beaten any real jr middleweight) & talk smack about Broner. Already a 2 division champ. That's the pot calling the kettle black in every sense of the word.

Comment

I'm just going to sit back, and enjoy the hopefully 10-12 years both Canelo and Broner probably have to fight at an elite level.

Dey both young, doe.

Comment

lol at canelo fans he can fight who he wants and it's ok cause

he quiet doe

he don't control his career

he a boss doe

he doesn't make his own decision

i aint fighting on mayweather card doe

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post

he quiet doe

he a boss doe

That should be the new definition of double standard, (like literally in a dictionary).

Double standard: {A canelo fan who criticizes Broner}, boom double standard.

Comment

Notice how they attempt to turn this into a Canelo thread?

The point of the thread is Broner fans using the "he young doe" excuse in order to excuse him for fighting what he's been fighting. Canelo fans don't use that. Difference in class I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post

he quiet doe

he a boss doe

He is quiet, I ain't even a fan doe.

I mean, it terms of likability, it's easier to feel sympathetic toward Canelo because he isn't out calling everyone a b1tch or saying they could get beat, and not putting his money where his mouth his.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                Notice how they attempt to turn this into a Canelo thread?

The point of the thread is Broner fans using the "he young doe" excuse in order to excuse him for fighting what he's been fighting. Canelo fans don't use that. Difference in class I guess.
                yeah, a purse snatcher and a guy who put someone in the hospital sure have a difference in class.

broner fans=he young doe

canelo fans=he quiet doe

all me and bush are saying is both ginger and the can man aren't all that different.

Comment

I'm willing to admit I've used the "he's only 23" excuse a couple days ago. Personally I don't think this should point to people holding Broner to a lesser standard, but more how little us boxing fans expect from our current promoters and fighters. Broner's an active fighter and sadly something like that should be cheered in this day and age. I'm more than willing to admit I should be wrong, but *****, how often do we really get OMG kind of fights? I guess I've sadly settled for just fights. I'm wrong, I know I am, but I sadly have really low expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
                    Oh really? Let's take a look at what other guys have done at 23.

At the age of 23, Erik Morales was fighting the best possible opponent in his division, Marco Antonio Barrera. He didn't skip out on the fight or the division to fight a guy with 7 kos. He manned up and signed on to fight one of the best in the world, at 23. I don't recall anyone saying "he's only 23 ". They were asking to see if he was ready for the next level. He was, and a legend was born.
                    And all those fighter were done by 30 just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      for starters he should be fighting the best in his division. He fought the best in his division how many times? once? and it was bum ass Demarco

Let me get this straight. He didn't fight Uchiyama, Abril, Burns, Vazquez, Matthysse, Peterson, Garcia, Rios, Alvarado etc. but fought Demarco. so he gets a pass for ducking every other top fighter. I guess it's okay though because he's about to face the Paulie the weakest title holder in all of boxing.

Who knows what HOF could emerge from 130-140. Broner ducked all of them and his garbage fanbase excuses him because "he young"
                      @ the bolded: REALLY Maniac????????? Before the kid got to 135 nobody mentioned any of the fighters bolded. You know why? Because they are just good fighters, and no one considers them the elite of the weight class, because the true test in that division was who??????? Demarco, thats who. So who did he go straight to the divison and fight?????? Demarco. He went for #2 in the division right after that right? Burns flaked out so he fought a tune up in Rees(cant knock him for a stay busy can we? Or can't we?).

If you ask me I'd rather see him fight Acosta at 135 being that he can box, has great lateral movement, and has very good pop.

Now yes Lucas will be a good fight. A great fight even as he can truly test Broner.

Garcia? Good fighter, but lets be honest his only claim to fame is the Amir fight. I think he has the potential to be greater than he is atm, but he's not there yet, and has Zab lined up correct? Correct.

Brandon and Mike are getting ready to fight again(very much looking forward to this fight, the last one was FOTY for me).

Peterson? So i guess all is forgiven on the whole ped/testosterone deal huh? Not to mention he hasnt broken through yet. Hell, Anthony would've been a better fight than Lamont, being that Anthony has more pop.

None of them are HOFers. Hell none of them are even the top of their divison for Christ's sake. I see nothing wrong with the kid getting his feet wet at 147, being that he jumped in 135 feet first. If he goes back down to 140 like he mentioned is very much a possiblity then great. If not, those jokers will be moving up to 147 anyway so the fights are bound to be on the table in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                      X