Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some people say its a cherry pick fighting a fighter moving up in weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    i guess it has to do with the timing..when the best availabe opponet was a real threat and you refused to fight him and then when next opponet is really not a threat and you become too eager to fight , people see that as a negative regardless what the rankings say...
    Explain...............

Comment

Don't think there's anything special about moving up in weight itself and being a multi division paper champ is overrated. What I want to see is good fights against good fighters, and there's none at 135. There's nothing good at 147 either. There's a ton at 140 though. What makes you great is fighting great fighters, not moving up and fighting crappy fighters.

Comment

maybe it's bcoz ur used to fighting at that weight and the other isn't. there's this notion speed is lost and strength is hard to gain. so the lil' guy has everything against 'em in moving up

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Broner is not just cherry picking fighters, he is cherry picking divisions. Paulie is the weakest champion of the two divisions. This is obscene to me. i'm done with the protection to undefeated young champions. Chavez at least dare to fight Martinez. Canelo will be exposed after Trout outboxes him. Who knows how long it will be untill Broner fights anyone good at WW?

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
            maybe it's bcoz ur used to fighting at that weight and the other isn't. there's this notion speed is lost and strength is hard to gain. so the lil' guy has everything against 'em in moving up

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            And this sums it up.

Its an advantage for sure to have your opponent move up. especially two divisions.

Comment

It seems now in these days every move from a top boxers or top prospect is a cherry pick move and the best in the world get bashed on by non true boxing fans, but real fans are more knowledgeable about how boxing works and just enjoy watching the fights we can bearly get due to all this top rank and GBP issues. One thing I haven't heard is Robert Guerrero get criticise by him avoiding 140 and jumping to 147 but since he ain't a top boxer or top prospect, we heard nothing but the day it was said Broner would ohhhh boy did we hear that.... Hmmm just in NSB

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                Yet in the same breath say to be great you have to move up in weight?If you move up in weight and are a multi division champion how can anyone cherry pick you if you are in that division?
                Why doesn't Floyd move up to fight Martinez at 160, since all the little guys are moving up to fight Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
                  Broner is not just cherry picking fighters, he is cherry picking divisions. Paulie is the weakest champion of the two divisions. This is obscene to me. i'm done with the protection to undefeated young champions. Chavez at least dare to fight Martinez. Canelo will be exposed after Trout outboxes him. Who knows how long it will be untill Broner fights anyone good at WW?
                  So Maidana moving away from 140 to 147 is also a cherry pick move to not fight in one of the hottest division in 140? Also Maidana stated he wants Paulie too is he cherry picking him like he did his past 2 opponents Karass and Martinez? By not wanting a rematch with Alexander or face a better named opponent in Thurman then Martinez?

Comment

Look, they just want him to get beat period. They don't care if he's still young and not ready for the very best yet. They want to throw him in there with the very best right now. They want a 23 year old to fight a prime 30 year old Matthysse and little past prime, but still great 36 year old Mayweather. If Broner signed to fight anyone other than Matthysse at 140, they would say he was ducking Matthysse. The same will happen at 147, except there they will say he is avoiding the entire 140 pound division and probably ducking Floyd. Floyd has already made it clear he won't fight Broner, so maybe they won't throw his name out there. Anyway its all about them being foolish and hating on Broner at the same time, which makes for a real ****ty combination. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                      Why doesn't Floyd move to fight Martinez at 160, since all the little guys are moving up to fight Floyd.
                      Floyd has moved from 130 to 147 and tested himself in 154 twice that is his 5th division now how many divisions has Martinez won titles in? Can he move to his 3rd division and fight Ward then move to his 4th division and fight a champ at lightweight and then To a 5th division and fight for a title in cruiser weight and then be criticize by not wanting to fight a heavyweight? See wat I did there? I don't like it when people say Martinez is a small middle weight he should not move to super middle weight and then down play Floyd and Manny for not going up one more division to fight Martinez.
                      Last edited by cantor5150; 03-07-2013, 11:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                      X