No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Guerrero to be for The RING WW title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    How did Mosley become the Lineal Champ in 2009?
    i was wondering that too but then I thought he was the champion who beat the other top rated champion in margarito. So I guess that's how

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      I don't see the issue. Who has a better WW resume the past couple years than Floyd??? Marquez, now the #2 fighter there after knocking out Manny. Mosley, who really should have been the #1 guy there because he beat Margarito when he was #1. Ortiz, the #2 guy at the time. Now it'd be Guerrero, the #3 at the time. I mean those are all good wins now and then at WW.

I don't mind it.
      floyd forfeits his right to be called champion or #1 after refusing to fight pac. just like in any other sport if you refuse to play someone you lose. You don't get to the wimbledon final, the super bowl, the world cup final and refuse to play while saying "well i beat the number 3 guy in the semis so im the best. game over!" Then in 2 years when that other team that you refused to play loses "see i told you! i win! i'm the retroactive champion of the world!"

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        floyd forfeits his right to be called champion or #1 after refusing to fight pac. just like in any other sport if you refuse to play someone you lose. You don't get to the wimbledon final, the super bowl, the world cup final and refuse to play while saying "well i beat the number 3 guy in the semis so im the best. game over!" Then in 2 years when that other team that you refused to play loses "see i told you! i win! i'm the retroactive champion of the world!"
        its not a tournament son

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          its not a tournament son
          What is it then, a cherry-picking contest?

Bottom line, you have to beat the best to be known as the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            When the Ring does something they don't like they use "DLH" owns the ring to try and discredit it. If it was really like that they would have dropped Pacquiao from the #1 spot after the Bradley fight like a lot of other sites did.
            If a promoter owns a ****zine then it does lose all credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              What is it then, a cherry-picking contest?

Bottom line, you have to beat the best to be known as the best.
              Good posts....

Comment

They should have kept the old rules to avoid all this BS

Comment

He could've fought Kell Brook for the title.
                  Soon it'll be anybody in the top 10

Comment

#1 should be able to fight #3 if one of two things has happened....

1. If #2 refuses to fight #1

or

2. If #1 has already beaten #2

But to make it where number 2 could potentially fight number 5 for the RING title, that's just ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Yes I would. The Ring title is suppose to determine the top fighter in the Division. The fight was 4 years ago and JMM has cemented himself as a clear #2. He basically beat Pac 2X in a year yet is being bypassed to choosing the top WW? The Ring gave the rematch between Hernandez and Cunningham the RIng belt after Steve lost and Huck being ranked #1 at CW. And this was an immediate rematch

Do i want to see the fight? Hell no, but there is no way you should have a Ring champ without having the clear #2 fighter fighting for it. Just dont give a belt, i dont see whats so hard about that. Why does somebody HAVE to have the belt?
                      But the #2 is CLEARLY NOT INTERSTED in fighting for it. So what do you do...allow the Title to be held to an indefinite ransome?

A lot of the recent decisions by The Ring are clearly flawed and have diluted the credibility of the board, but this dexiaion is most definitely NOT one of the bad ones. It is **** on the money.

P34c3

Comment

Working...
                      X