No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Klitschko, Pianeta Go Face To Face at Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
    lol dream on. Any of those weight divisions below 118 are far worse.
    Some of those divisions are amazing. Heavyweight is the worst today, and historically, which is a pity because there are two great fighters in it.

Flyweight has a lot of really good fighters at the moment, Pongjongkam has just retired, but Viloria (top P4Per), Marquez, Igarashi, Edgar Sosa etc as does Jr Flyweight. In fact, it's one of the most underrated divisions in boxing, full stop.

Roman Gonzalez, Kazuto Ioka, Nietes, Ulises Solis etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      The flyweight div shits on the heavyweight div.
      A guy with a losing record is ranked in the top 10 in Flyweight division....

Why? Because he knocked out flyweight legend Wonjongkam..

Those weight classes were made for midgets who simply are not that good to make them feel special. The HW's get criticized but those lower weight classes are filled with bums. It's very rare that they get ranked in the P4P. I think the last guy that was ranked P4P was Ivan Calderon.

I doubt many have even watched them fight. Brian Viloria is good and he's exciting. Chocolatito is overrated and not that good. They have Viloria running through everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
        A guy with a losing record is ranked in the top 10 in Flyweight division....

Why? Because he knocked out flyweight legend Wonjongkam..

Those weight classes were made for midgets who simply are not that good to make them feel special. The HW's get criticized but those lower weight classes are filled with bums. It's very rare that they get ranked in the P4P. I think the last guy that was ranked P4P was Ivan Calderon.

I doubt many have even watched them fight. Brian Viloria is good and he's exciting. Chocolatito is overrated and not that good. They have Viloria running through everybody.
        This is a very ignorant post. Darchinyan was in the top 10 P4P and a flyweight champ when he got beat by Donaire, another flyweight who made his way into the top 10 and is now top 5 P4P. Mijares was in the top 10 at some point when he was super flyweight champ. Pac is an ATG who won his first title at flyweight. I'm guessing all these guys are midgets who are not that good?

When's the last time a HW not named Klitschko was anywhere near the P4P list?

And Viloria is not running through everybody, his career has been up and down these last few years that's why he's often the underdog in big fights because he's inconsistent. I doubt you watched him fight more than once.

Comment

Working...
        X