Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Klitschko, Pianeta Go Face To Face at Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wlads is a victim of very weak american HW era. People tend to give a credit only for beating the fighters from states.
    people will always say it's weak when there is no US champion or credible contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
      Nope, Andre Ward and it's not even close. He's beaten a much better pedigree of fighters in his weight class.

Who has Klit beaten and don't dodge the question.
      So Ward would beat Wlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        So Ward would beat Wlad?
        P4P - you know that. Wlad has shown 3 times that he can be beaten, Ward hasn't lost a fight since he was 12 - Ward is easily a stronger champion. Sweeped all opposition with relative ease. Just to make clear, I am in no shape a fan of Ward but p4p he takes Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          P4P - you know that. Wlad has shown 3 times that he can be beaten, Ward hasn't lost a fight since he was 12 - Ward is easily a stronger champion. Sweeped all opposition with relative ease. Just to make clear, I am in no shape a fan of Ward but p4p he takes Wlad.
          Andy is now LacedUp. You're that guy who also said David Haye takes Wlad p4p. Okay so if Wlad was a super middleweight, Ward would beat him. I don't get that p4p discussion. Also, Ward has hardly achieved more than Wlad in the sport of boxing.

Comment

Andy is now LacedUp. You're that guy who also said David Haye takes Wlad p4p. Okay so if Wlad was a super middleweight, Ward would beat him. I don't get that p4p discussion. Also, Ward has hardly achieved more than Wlad in the sport of boxing.
            Yes, I stand by that comment. When Haye was a CW he was frequently mentioned as top 10 P4P - and he beat all HW opposition until he met the best in the world who is coincidentally also 40 pounds heavier than him. Do you understand the concept of p4p - it sounds like you don't? It has nothing to do with who has achieved more. PS - get rid of the "with strength I burn" fanboy bs. It's fruity as all hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              wlads is a victim of very weak american HW era. People tend to give a credit only for beating the fighters from states.
              people will always say it's weak when there is no US champion or credible contender.
              Agree. Weak American era but the Euro's & Brits have probably never been stronger at heavyweight. American boxing fans are a bit one eyed that way. So with all said & done I'd rate it....an average strength Heavyweight era.

The pity is that there is no great foil for the brothers to enable either of them to underscore their achievements aside from themselves. And that fight is never going to happen. Haye had/has the talent & charisma to possibly be that great counterpoint to the brothers but he spoiled his chance by being too chicken **** to lay it all on the line.

Comment

Yes, I stand by that comment. When Haye was a CW he was frequently mentioned as top 10 P4P - and he beat all HW opposition until he met the best in the world who is coincidentally also 40 pounds heavier than him. Do you understand the concept of p4p - it sounds like you don't? It has nothing to do with who has achieved more. PS - get rid of the "with strength I burn" fanboy bs. It's fruity as all hell.
                p4p is meant to credit the lower weight classes. But Wlad is still a top p4p fighter, he's as technically sound and his punches are as crisp as any p4p out there. His straight right is the finest in the business. His footwork is excellent for such a big guy. etc, etc...

You sound like a queer, buddy. You stiff scouser!

Comment

You can't simply say "If Haye was as heavy as Wlad he would beat him". If Haye had the physique of Wlad he'd be a different fighter with a different style than he has now. It's pure assumption to say who'd beat who if they'd be different than they are.

Comment

p4p is meant to credit the lower weight classes. But Wlad is still a top p4p fighter, he's as technically sound and his punches are as crisp as any p4p out there. His straight right is the finest in the business. His footwork is excellent for such a big guy. etc, etc...

You sound like a queer, buddy. You stiff scouser!
                    I agree he's a top 10 p4p - but Ward is top 2. I agree Wlad's right hand is vicious, and he has excellent footwork for a big guy. But his punch variety is not great. He throws 1-2s a lot. He also holds back way too much - and this was the opinion of Manny Steward as well who get incredibly frustrated with him. I think it was Chambers(?) last time he effectively used his left hook. He has no uppercut and doesn't fight on the inside. This is why I said Haye was better p4p. His variety in punches is much better. And he hits harder p4p.

Haha, resorting to insults. That will get you banned son

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
                    You can't simply say "If Haye was as heavy as Wlad he would beat him". If Haye had the physique of Wlad he'd be a different fighter with a different style than he has now. It's pure assumption to say who'd beat who if they'd be different than they are.
                    That's not what I said at all? But I agree.
                    Last edited by LacedUp; 03-07-2013, 06:53 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=LacedUp;13118927]I agree he's a top 10 p4p - but Ward is top 2. I agree Wlad's right hand is vicious, and he has excellent footwork for a big guy. But his punch variety is not great. He throws 1-2s a lot. He also holds back way too much - and this was the opinion of Manny Steward as well who get incredibly frustrated with him. I think it was Chambers(?) last time he effectively used his left hook. He has no uppercut and doesn't fight on the inside. This is why I said Haye was better p4p. His variety in punches is much better. And he hits harder p4p.

Haha, resorting to insults. That will get you banned son

Pure, biased assumption.

Comment

Working...
                      X