Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Klitschko, Pianeta Go Face To Face at Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might actually watch this fight, seeing as so many British feb/march fights have gone down the pan now. Cant see anyone pulling out of this one, and I need something to carry me after the travesty of spoliling that's going to be Cloud Hopkins.

I do mean on youtube of course.

Comment

[QUOTE=Weltschmerz;13118971]
      Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I agree he's a top 10 p4p - but Ward is top 2. I agree Wlad's right hand is vicious, and he has excellent footwork for a big guy. But his punch variety is not great. He throws 1-2s a lot. He also holds back way too much - and this was the opinion of Manny Steward as well who get incredibly frustrated with him. I think it was Chambers(?) last time he effectively used his left hook. He has no uppercut and doesn't fight on the inside. This is why I said Haye was better p4p. His variety in punches is much better. And he hits harder p4p.

Haha, resorting to insults. That will get you banned son

Pure, biased assumption.
      Biased? Thompson & Williams have come out and said Haye hit just as hard as the Klitschko brothers. Chisora said Haye hit harder than Vitali, so get your facts straight. Haye KO'd mutual opponents faster (other than Mormeck who was a fat bum when Wlad fought him). But Barrett and Chisora.
      Last edited by LacedUp; 03-07-2013, 08:03 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=LacedUp;13119119]
        Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post

Biased? Thompson & Williams have come out and said Haye hit just as hard as the Klitschko brothers. Chisora said Haye hit harder than Vitali, so get your facts straight. Haye KO'd mutual opponents faster (other than Mormeck who was a fat bum when Wlad fought him). But Barrett and Chisora.
        I think Haye hits harder than Vitali but not as hard as Wlad.

Comment

[QUOTE=Simurgh;13119132]
          Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

I think Haye hits harder than Vitali but not as hard as Wlad.
          Both Wlad and Vitali hit harder than Haye. They are 240+ of pure muscle. Of course they do. Haye is a cruiser weight. But p4p - that's the question and what I wanted to get across.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
            Nope, Andre Ward and it's not even close. He's beaten a much better pedigree of fighters in his weight class.

Who has Klit beaten and don't dodge the question.
            Nah I used to go along with that whole nonsene of it being a weak division, though you may argue that it's not that contested, solely because you have two incredibly GOOD HW Champions who would probably be competitive and possibly dominate ANY HW Champion in history.

You could probably count with your hands the number of HW in history who could compete or beat the K bros...

Just being realistic. They are the juggernauts of this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
              Nah I used to go along with that whole nonsene of it being a weak division, though you may argue that it's not that contested, solely because you have two incredibly GOOD HW Champions who would probably be competitive and possibly dominate ANY HW Champion in history.

You could probably count with your hands the number of HW in history who could compete or beat the K bros...

Just being realistic. They are the juggernauts of this time.
              I don't like when people try to compare champions from different eras. Things change. I think we can all agree that these two guys are very good. But are their greatness enhanced because of their long streak of victories against LHWs, CWs and lower tier HWs? Other champions from other eras beat better opponents that was closer to their level - and this is what is hurting the brothers. People on here are still talking about Lennox in 2003! The two brothers desperately needed a nemesis and they found one to some degree in Haye. When they finally fought it was a stinker - and both guys fought below par. Especially for two guys with a combined KO ratio of almost 90%. In essence what i'm trying to say is this: Because the Klitschkos do not have any competition, it's hard to say they would be competitive in the great eras. Because how do you know? I for would like to know why Vitali only really came on the scene after Lennox was almost done. He didn't fight any top opponents before that. Neither did Wlad despite both of them turning pros in 1996 and both coming out with excellent amateur pedigree (I saw wlad as an amateur in 1995/6 and he was excellent). Until they beat someone almost on their level, I will not be convinced that they are ATGs.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                I might actually watch this fight, seeing as so many British feb/march fights have gone down the pan now. Cant see anyone pulling out of this one, and I need something to carry me after the travesty of spoliling that's going to be Cloud Hopkins.

I do mean on youtube of course.
                Yep, real boxing fans catch it on youtube later

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  Yep, real boxing fans catch it on youtube later
                  quite right, whereas, i'll stay up into the early morning and stream Hopkins for free on my PC.

no point in waiting up for a fight that will send me to sleep and an opponent not worthy like in Pianeta, but you feel free to do so.

Spare me the reply pointing out your obvious sarcasm.
                  Last edited by DreamFighter; 03-07-2013, 09:08 AM.

Comment

These Klitschko fans get worse by the day.

Comment

I don't know much about Pianeta and that alone tells me he can't be very good but he has a good record and seems nearly as big as Wlad so it might be a decent fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X