Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delvin should have whupped trout in his fight with him

Poor Cotto , hope he doesn't get hurt in his last days

Canelo should destroy TROUT or forget any superstar status

Of course Trout might Run for his life and make a boring fight ?

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
      Cotto is no better a win than Shane Mosley.
      you sick. Cotto just had a 3 fight winning streak then put up a great effort on Floyd. Mosley hadn't won in about 3 years and came to 154 for the fight. Cotto was past prime, Mosley was washed up.

Comment

It may seem that way 20 years from now, but Shane was twice as shot as Cotto was when they fought those opponents. I love Shane and he was amazing in his prime, but he has been shot physically (though he still looks in shape) and mentally for a very long time now.

Comment

Alvarez is NOT an elite fighter & deserves 2b on FM's undercard;he's never fought a ranked WBC 1-10 opponent or their mandatory...

Comment

I'd ask you to explain how you came to that conclusion, but I know you have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
              Alvarez is NOT an elite fighter & deserves 2b on FM's undercard;he's never fought a ranked WBC 1-10 opponent or their mandatory...
              Some of the fighters he has faced do have credentials. Josesito Lopez was WBC silver welterweight champion in 2012; Shane Mosley has held numerous titles including the WBC. He was WBA welterweight champion in 2010. Kermit Cintron was IBF welterweight champion 2006-2008; Ryan Rhodes was WBC international light middle weight champion 2008; Lovemore Ndou was an IBF welterweight champion in 2007, Carlos Baldomir was a WBC welterweight champion in 2006.

Where these guys were ranked in the WBC when they fought, I am not sure. But if they were not ranked in the top ten when he fought them. It doesn't mean that much. There are names in the top ten that are not recognizable.

Cotto is not necessarily so vastly much more to fight. He's another fighter. Was a top fighter. He had his day but was on the downslope when Trout beat him, and Trout was bigger. Somewhat like some of the guys Alvarez has beaten.

Overall, though, Alvarez has faced more competitive fighters. I certainly am glad Trout and Alvarez are having the fight. We'll be able to tell a lot by what we see there.

Comment

Originally posted by NEELZ View Post
                Some of the fighters he has faced do have credentials. Josesito Lopez was WBC silver welterweight champion in 2012; Shane Mosley has held numerous titles including the WBC. He was WBA welterweight champion in 2010. Kermit Cintron was IBF welterweight champion 2006-2008; Ryan Rhodes was WBC international light middle weight champion 2008; Lovemore Ndou was an IBF welterweight champion in 2007, Carlos Baldomir was a WBC welterweight champion in 2006.

Where these guys were ranked in the WBC when they fought, I am not sure. But if they were not ranked in the top ten when he fought them. It doesn't mean that much. There are names in the top ten that are not recognizable.

Cotto is not necessarily so vastly much more to fight. He's another fighter. Was a top fighter. He had his day but was on the downslope when Trout beat him, and Trout was bigger. Somewhat like some of the guys Alvarez has beaten.

Overall, though, Alvarez has faced more competitive fighters. I certainly am glad Trout and Alvarez are having the fight. We'll be able to tell a lot by what we see there.
                2006, 7, 8, 9, 10, have nothing to do with the year they fought. Mosley hadn't won a fight in 3 years.

Cintron lost all rounds to Molina, ended up on espn & barely won that fight.

Rhodes retired after that fight.

Lovemore & Baldomir weren't relevant either.

Miguel Cotto just dropped a competitive ud to the 2nd best fighter in the world, was favored & was at home in NY.

Delvin Rodriguez was a top ranked jr middleweight. Winning fights & in fact just 1 his last in an impressive display. Has a career to continue & is still relevant.

Trout also beat canelo's big brother on his front porch.

Comment

Originally posted by NEELZ View Post

Lopez was nothing but a blown up 135 & Mosley far over the hill...Alvarez won his "title" from a WW not ranked @ 147...but I pick Alvatrez...if he hits Trout w/even some of the shots a washed-uo Cotto did he should win, but still, he is NOT elite...plus he'll have 2 WBC judges &ref on his side...

Comment

Canelo will be focus and ready for Trout come fight night Cant' wait for this fight.

Comment

I can certainly see Trout outboxing Canelo all night. That said, there's just a little bit of something 'special' missing from Trout that has me thinking Canelo has a chance, if it turns out that he's the real deal and just hasn't been allowed to prove himself yet.

I, for one, can't wait for this fight. I think it will tell us all we need to know about both fighters, and that's exciting.

Comment

Working...
                      X