Comments Thread For: V. Klitschko: Haye Refused To Sign The Contract To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
    As always of course

Come on, first off - nobody's scared of the klitschkos. Haye came running at Wladimir and went on German TV + met Vitali and stood with him after the Barrett fight. Nobody's scared. These guys are HW who are used to KO pretty much everyone they meet. You should know how hard K2 are to bargain with. They weren't prepared to give Haye what he was worth, so Valuev came along with an easier opportunity, a better payday + no options. Everyone would have done the same. Haye now had a belt and a huge following + Sky PPV which brings in a helluva lot more than RTL. So as you can imagine, unification fights take a lot longer to put together. and both had their reasons for the fight not happening. Haye fought Wlad - supposedly the best of the two. Why would he fear Vitali? He put his hands down all night long for Wlad to throw something. Remember, the art of boxing is to hit and not get hit, so stop with the running part. He ran vs Valuev, not Wlad. He moved his head, did you expect him to stand there and take punches from a guy who's 30-40 pounds heavier than himself? Come on now. Wlad was as afraid of Haye's power as Haye was of Wlad's.
    Hi Andrew - you put your case well but I do disagree he had a contract signed before citing the back problem - Vitali was then in his prime Haye was not on SKY then but Setanta - as for the hitting and not been hit I agree whole heartedly but this does.nt mean running away from your opponent because after all this is a gladiators sport and people pay fgood money to watch what they mean is ride your opponents punches,parry him dodge and counter punch then take the attack to him this running away is just an excuse not to fight and saying I can't take punch - Khan has perfected that.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      It doesn't matter. Vitali will come to watch haye's debut in new tarzan.
      soon enough people will search for haye's name not here but on imdb. that's how relevant is he for boxing..
      Something like that... Isn't it surreal, that the only supporters Haye has left, are Klitschko haters?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
        Hi Andrew - you put your case well but I do disagree he had a contract signed before citing the back problem - Vitali was then in his prime Haye was not on SKY then but Setanta - as for the hitting and not been hit I agree whole heartedly but this does.nt mean running away from your opponent because after all this is a gladiators sport and people pay fgood money to watch what they mean is ride your opponents punches,parry him dodge and counter punch then take the attack to him this running away is just an excuse not to fight and saying I can't take punch - Khan has perfected that.
        I know he had Setanta, and they went bankrupt just before the fight. Do you think Haye was going to fight for free? His back problem was legitimate. Injuries happen. I think both the Klitschkos have pulled out of their fair share of fights, so don't see what the big issue is. I would like you to find a clip where Haye was running from Wlad. Any clip. In any fight, there's an agressor. In this fight, sometimes it was Wlad, sometimes it was Haye. Wlad barely hit Haye the entire fight and Haye outscored him in power punches. But find a clip where Haye ran from Wlad - I'd like to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by papillon82 View Post
          Something like that... Isn't it surreal, that the only supporters Haye has left, are Klitschko haters?
          35k fans (+ 2 million viewers on boxnation) turned up screaming in the rain against Chisora because they are all united in the war against Klitschko. The Klitschko fanboy illusion.
          Last edited by LacedUp; 02-28-2013, 06:01 AM.

Comment

I know he had Setanta, and they went bankrupt just before the fight. Do you think Haye was going to fight for free? His back problem was legitimate. Injuries happen. I think both the Klitschkos have pulled out of their fair share of fights, so don't see what the big issue is. I would like you to find a clip where Haye was running from Wlad. Any clip. In any fight, there's an agressor. In this fight, sometimes it was Wlad, sometimes it was Haye. Wlad barely hit Haye the entire fight and Haye outscored him in power punches. But find a clip where Haye ran from Wlad - I'd like to see that.
            Andrew there is no way Haye won anything in that fight every time Kiltschko started landing punches Haye fell to the canvass the ref eventually got so fed up with Hayes antics he docked a point - Haye could'nt live up to the crap that came out of his mouth leading up to the fight - No I don't expect Haye to fight for nothing but why not agree to the same contract before citing the back problem instead of fighting Valuev and yes alot fighters get injuries but it was so coincidental thius happened as Setanta went bust.

Comment

35k fans (+ 2 million viewers on boxnation) turned up screaming in the rain against Chisora because they are all united in the war against Klitschko. The Klitschko fanboy illusion.
              So you, as Haye's fan, must know when can we expect to see haye in the ring next?

Comment

Originally posted by papillon82 View Post
                That is pretty surreal. Just goes to show how jealous and envious they are.

Comment

If Haye really did pass this up, it was almost certainly because of being in Moscow and I can't blame him for that. Interested in what he has to say about this.

Comment

As always of course

Come on, first off - nobody's scared of the klitschkos.
                    Povetkin perhaps?

Haye came running at Wladimir and went on German TV + met Vitali and stood with him after the Barrett fight. Nobody's scared. These guys are HW who are used to KO pretty much everyone they meet. You should know how hard K2 are to bargain with. They weren't prepared to give Haye what he was worth, so Valuev came along with an easier opportunity, a better payday + no options.
                    Wrong. Haye gave 2 or 3 options to Valuev's promotor Team Sauerland.

Everyone would have done the same. Haye now had a belt and a huge following + Sky PPV which brings in a helluva lot more than RTL. So as you can imagine, unification fights take a lot longer to put together. and both had their reasons for the fight not happening. Haye fought Wlad - supposedly the best of the two. Why would he fear Vitali? He put his hands down all night long for Wlad to throw something. Remember, the art of boxing is to hit and not get hit, so stop with the running part. He ran vs Valuev, not Wlad. He moved his head, did you expect him to stand there and take punches from a guy who's 30-40 pounds heavier than himself? Come on now. Wlad was as afraid of Haye's power as Haye was of Wlad's.
                    Dude. Haye didn't fight to win against Wlad. He fought to survive.

He might not be afraid of Vitali, even though he looked petrified when he received a shoulder-stunner at a TV interview, but he has declined to fight him twice. That's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                      Andrew there is no way Haye won anything in that fight every time Kiltschko started landing punches Haye fell to the canvass the ref eventually got so fed up with Hayes antics he docked a point - Haye could'nt live up to the crap that came out of his mouth leading up to the fight - No I don't expect Haye to fight for nothing but why not agree to the same contract before citing the back problem instead of fighting Valuev and yes alot fighters get injuries but it was so coincidental thius happened as Setanta went bust.
                      No every time Wlad put his weight on Haye, Haye fell to the canvas. i'm not trying to say Haye was better than Wlad. Because he was pretty much beaten in every department. Wlad was better on the night and would probably beat Haye in the same fashion if they meet again. Broken toe or not. But Haye wasn't afraid. He landed the best punch in the fight and Wlad's face was more marked up than Haye's. He certainly didn't run - he just didn't want to get punched in the face.

He cited the back problem first, then postponed and then setanta went bust. Also, it was Wlad who was deducted a point for holding and leaning in round 7. Haye took a count for what everyone knows wasn't a knockdown. You need to check your facts.

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      So you, as Haye's fan, must know when can we expect to see haye in the ring next?
                      I doubt we'll see him in the ring again. But whether you like him or not, you must admit he's more exciting than the other "challengers" that's out there at the moment e.g arreola, fury, banks, povetkin etc.

I think Wlad might offer him a rematch someday, simply because the bros are good businessmen. They know Haye brings more money than everyone else. And it's a sellable fight.
                      Last edited by LacedUp; 02-28-2013, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X