No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo, Reynoso Give Mayweather an Ultimatum For 5/4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    That goes beyond that failed negotiation, he's literally saying if Floyd doesn't sign to fight him, then he won't face a credible top Jr MW, that's childish, cowardly, it can't get any worse than that.
    To me it doesn't seem like he has much confidence in his-self, nor does Golden Boy.

In the end, if Mayweather listens to some 21 year old kid that has done nothing for the sport or for his own career, than I lose all respect.

Comment

Guerrero is the more marketable fight, I can definitely see Floyd fighting Trout, say Trout gets past Canelo, Floyd even mentioned it, but Alvarez's head is in the gutter right now and it might not happen.
      So Trout is not marketable and still you want Canelo to fight him? Why not Floyd who is a draw enough by himself.

It makes no sense. Unless you don't want to see Floyd fight the best. Is that your reasoning?

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
        When has Floyd ever said that he wanted Canelo on his undercard?
        Dosen't have to, he told Canelo, your next in September....
        BOY needs the PPV #'s The Bun brings!!!

Comment

• It makes no sense to me why Mayweather wouldn't agree with this. Let's be honest here, Mayweather's biggest PPV outside of Pac (which isn't going to happen) is Canelo.

Mayweather has no interest in Martinez and any other name other than those two isn't going to generate the money Mayweather is set to make.

To me it sounds like Mayweather is trying to impose himself once again in everything. Just sign the promise, if Canelo wins, then he deserves the fight and is the best option money wise for Floyd.

I think it comes down to Floyd being a d.ick.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            So Trout is not marketable and still you want Canelo to fight him? Why not Floyd who is a draw enough by himself.

It makes no sense. Unless you don't want to see Floyd fight the best. Is that your reasoning?
            I don't see Trout as a fight that's any more challenging than the Guerrero fight, I like both fights too, simply saying a win over Canelo would have made the fight more marketable and given it more credibility, I'm still not convinced Trout is as good as he's being made out to be, he beat a smaller fighter in Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
              Basically if floyd signs it, then all Canelo has to do is survive against trout and he will get his pay day - I bet you Canelo is getting more for being on the undercard of this ppv than if he where to headline, trust me - too much back end $ to be made. Canelo's team is really doingt this kid a disservice, so f he pulls our, who will they target? Lara? Ishe? probably k 9 from that weak ass display he showed against ishe smith the other night. Oh wait they might go after worn Cotto(i'm a fan but reality is what it is) who cannot go the full 12 anymore - psychological or poor training? but Canelo will lose alot of his american fans over this, in Mexico they are pretty loyal, so he might not catch as much flack ..
              WTF are you talking about? LOL

Survive? HE HAS TO WIN THE FIGHT......he won't get a guarantee if he loses.?!?!?! hahahaha

Comment

• Canelo is the biggest piussy hype-job I've seen in a long time. It's pathetic the way he's using Mayweather to duck Trout. Make no mistake about it, this is a flat out duck.
                Last edited by iniduoh; 02-28-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

I don't see Trout as a fight that's any more challenging than the Guerrero fight, I like both fights too, simply saying a win over Canelo would have made the fight more marketable and given it more credibility, I'm still not convinced Trout is as good as he's being made out to be, he beat a smaller fighter in Cotto.
                  I thought Trout looked outstanding against Cotto and he'd surely be a stiffer test for Floyd than Guererro. I cannot understand how some can say anything else and keep a straight face.

As I recall, you have been a fan of the sport for some years, so I'm slightly dissapointed or surprised if you don't agree with me.

Comment

• all of this seems backward. if you want a gurantee then fight someone easy may 4. if your not getting floyd, then you fight trout and don't worry about floyd. but now this clown doesn't want to fight trout on his own card? makes no sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      It makes no sense to me why Mayweather wouldn't agree with this. Let's be honest here, Mayweather's biggest PPV outside of Pac (which isn't going to happen) is Canelo.

Mayweather has no interest in Martinez and any other name other than those two isn't going to generate the money Mayweather is set to make.

To me it sounds like Mayweather is trying to impose himself once again in everything. Just sign the promise, if Canelo wins, then he deserves the fight and is the best option money wise for Floyd.

I think it comes down to Floyd being a d.ick.
                      So, lets get this straight. If ginger pulls out of the event & still doesn't fight Trout, that's Floyd's fault?? That's very interesting. I'm surprised a poster of your caliber endorses ginger's duck.

Comment

Working...
                      X