No announcement yet.

Manny and the 40 million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
    Nah. Had Manny accepted the offer just for the heck of it, Floyd would have come up with another excuse not to fight. Remember, Manny called the guy's bluff numerous times saying, "I just want to know whether he really wants it or not."

Bottom line is, Floyd is scared of Pac, pure and simple. The fight would have happened a long time ago if Floyd really wanted it. Easy fight, easy money. So don't bother with these hypothetical nonsense. It's a waste of time.

Hope that helps.
    So many holes in this, but lets start here. U say the fight would have already happend if Floyd wanted it? Well who was gonna promote it?
    Bob says Floyd has no promoter.
    Bob don't do biz with other promoters.
    Floyd don't wanna put chips in Bobs pocket.
    So who's gonna promote it?

Manny should leave Bob, but he can't/won't cuz he's either stupid or stuck.

Comment

Excellent post.

Excellent post. Us real boxing fans know that Floyd was worried about the possibility of losing to Manny. What Manny was doing scared him straight. Have you ever heard of a fighter ducking another fighter with the creative BS that Floyd came up with?? Never ever! Hearns never accused Hagler of being too strong or Leonard of being too fast or Duran being on something because of his ability to take a good shot or move up to multiple divisions. Floyd isn't an all-time great because he doesn't challenge himself against the best. It's that simple. He knew what he was doing and that the fan boys would get behind his duck story as to why the fight wasn't going to happen. He sure was quick to fight Marquez though wasn't he? Ricky Hatton too. Oh, and even Victor Ortiz as well. He's smart about one thing in my opinion and that is who to fight and when to fight them.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
        He should have left Top Rank whenever it was that his contract was up. Still could have fought Bradley(Bradley wouldn't have had to sign with Top Rank to fight Pacquiao), Marquez(I'm mum on the details of if Marquez is with Top Rank or not), and anyone down from Khan, to Garcia, to Ortiz. All the while making more money.

Now who is left? Marquez, Rios, and Bradley?
        This is how I feel! Manny should have left Arum ideally after the ODH fight. That was him at the height of his popularity. What more could Arum do for him that he did not have the power to do for himself?

Also isn't the purpose of a promoter to secure the BEST deal for the fighter? Is that not what every promoter claim they do? Can we say that the deal Manny took to fight Marquez the 4th time was better than the deal Mayweather offered him?

I feel like the deal to fight Marquez served Arums own interest more so than Manny's No matter how ****ty the Mayweather deal was Arum has yet to provide Manny a deal on the same level as that one.

Comment

Yes it was a mistake. Arum thought Pacquiao was worth more than 40 mil, lmfao! I want all boxers to make money, but greed is something that is always associated with Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            Yes it was a mistake. Arum thought Pacquiao was worth more than 40 mil, lmfao! I want all boxers to make money, but greed is something that is always associated with Arum.
            It wasn't 40m for Pac, it was 40m for Pac and Top Rank to split, duh. That's a pathetic offer, TR and Pac split over 40m for Marquez 3 and 4 each.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire_Royce View Post
              This is how I feel! Manny should have left Arum ideally after the ODH fight. That was him at the height of his popularity. What more could Arum do for him that he did not have the power to do for himself?

Also isn't the purpose of a promoter to secure the BEST deal for the fighter? Is that not what every promoter claim they do? Can we say that the deal Manny took to fight Marquez the 4th time was better than the deal Mayweather offered him?

I feel like the deal to fight Marquez served Arums own interest more so than Manny's No matter how ****ty the Mayweather deal was Arum has yet to provide Manny a deal on the same level as that one.
              Ideally I feel he should have left after Cotto.

He could have been a free agent and a lot more flexible to work out his own deals and ultimately make more money. Now Top Rank will have nobody for him to fight pretty soon since Golden Boy and Al Haymon own everyone from 140 to 154. I'd be interested to see what they do outside of Marquez, Rios, and the Bradley rematch(Which I don't think anyone cares to see again).

Comment

No it was not a mistake. Pacquiao wanted a fair offer and he did not get one. He was already filthy rich and could make over 20 million no matter who he fought. Why should he let himself get screwed? You have to draw the line somewhere. He did not have the ability to see the future but even if he did I don't think he would let Mayweather have an unfair, far bigger share of the money. There was plenty of money for both fighters but greedy Floyd wanted damn near all the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  Ideally I feel he should have left after Cotto.

He could have been a free agent and a lot more flexible to work out his own deals and ultimately make more money. Now Top Rank will have nobody for him to fight pretty soon since Golden Boy and Al Haymon own everyone from 140 to 154. I'd be interested to see what they do outside of Marquez, Rios, and the Bradley rematch(Which I don't think anyone cares to see again).
                  Wow another good point. If not marquez I guess Rios? unless Alvorado wins and they will have a rubber match. they don't want Bradley, mike jones maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    It wasn't 40m for Pac, it was 40m for Pac and Top Rank to split, duh. That's a pathetic offer, TR and Pac split over 40m for Marquez 3 and 4 each.
                    Thats the problem At this stage it should no longer be TR and Pac. It should be Pac and TR or GB or whoever pac wants to let promote his fight.

He is much bigger than Floyd or Oscar (welly maybe not) were when they left and I believe he could put a team around himself to make it work. I am all for fighters getting the most money for what they do. While we are sitting here talking about how Mayweather was cheating him with the offer I don't see how we shouldn't be equally mad at how he is cheating himself by staying with Arum

Comment

Mayweather actually hurt himself by not making a fair offer because it would have been by far his biggest payday and he would have made lots more money than he did for fighting Cotto. Both fighters have huge amounts of money as far as I know so pride is part of it. No one wants to get the short end of a deal even if the short end is 40 million.

Comment

Working...
                      X