Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Huck-Afolabi on May 25th in Germany, DKP Wins Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a major winning bid. Can King really stage this show?

Anyway it's a slap in the face on Huck's promotor Sauerland.

Another thing is the date. May 25 is the day of the Champions league final and Froch-Kessler II. This will not be an easy sell on the english market.

Still it's a great matchup.

Comment

Surprised the trilogy fight is happening so soon after their 2nd fight, but it will likely be a good scrap again so let's get it going!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Not possible, Don King hates the Klitschkos.

Maybe King did it out of spite.

But he'll default again, and it will go back to purse bid.
        Yeah you might be right! I wonder what will happen with jones vs lebedev fight
        where king also won the bid Bigtime.

Comment

king has co-promoted fights with sauerland before. K2 only put in a bid for $375000? that is a little low in my opinion. king put in 1.5 million? he doesn't promote either of them. if he doesn't default i wonder what he has up his sleave? he has a habit of pulling rabbits out of a hat(offering haye the valuev fight knowing valuev was going to have surgery after the haye fight & wouldn't be a factor anymore)so i guess we will have to wait & see...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            king has co-promoted fights with sauerland before. K2 only put in a bid for $375000? that is a little low in my opinion. king put in 1.5 million? he doesn't promote either of them. if he doesn't default i wonder what he has up his sleave? he has a habit of pulling rabbits out of a hat(offering haye the valuev fight knowing valuev was going to have surgery after the haye fight & wouldn't be a factor anymore)so i guess we will have to wait & see...
            Look out for where this fight is staged. If it's germany it will be incredibly odd, but I assume it will be staged in the Dubai or Africa or somewhere DK will get a huge amount of money,

Comment

Good luck to Ola, it's a shame he gets no support from britain even though he reps us

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Good luck to Ola, it's a shame he gets no support from britain even though he reps us

Yeah that sucks, hes an awesome character, good fighter with an exciting style and quite possibly the most improved guy in boxing!
                Its frightening how much hes improved in the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                X