Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight with Pac ain't happening because of the nonsensical feud. The ones in the GBP stable will make him look good, anyway. He should go after those first and make a big name for himself. He won't need Pac. I would hope that Broner would be next after the Garcia fight.

Comment

• I dunno depends how Pac looks, but if he were to be facing pac next not Rios... I'd have to favor Lucas... Luckily we get to see if Pac is still Pac before it happens, which is never with TR v GBP sadly.

Comment

• Pacquiao lights him up.

Comment

• i dont think anyone 147 down can beat lucas besides mayweather. the dude is in everyones head already, so thats a huge advantage already, a la tyson...

Comment

• Pacuiao would put a beating on him until he get's caught and he would get caught.

Comment

• i love matthysse but unless pac is completely shot from that KO (we will have to see vs rios) i think pac wins, still too much speed and footwork for matthysse. The speed and footwork with his power would light mattysse up, but matthysse does have the power so if he did catch pac he could KO him

Comment

• Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
                i love matthysse but unless pac is completely shot from that KO (we will have to see vs rios) i think pac wins, still too much speed and footwork for matthysse. The speed and footwork with his power would light mattysse up, but matthysse does have the power so if he did catch pac he could KO him
                Manny has been slowing down since 2010 though. He's less dynamic in exchanges than he used to be. He would still land a lot of flush shots on Matthysse, but trading with Lucas is going to be dangerous no matter who you are. Would Manny still have the engine for 12 tough rounds? Maybe, maybe not. I guess his footwork might still be good enough to allow him to take breaks when he needed them, he could probably do a decent job as the matador in that match-up.

Comment

• Prime Pac would destroy him, but Pac's not prime anymore.

I could imagine Pac spending 7 or 8 rounds beating the crap out of Matthysse, Lucas weathering it and working the body, and Pac having to hang on during a furious late charge.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                    I'd pick Lucas against anyone below 147 not named Mayweather TBH.
                    This.... plain and simple.

Probably by KO within 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Manny has been slowing down since 2010 though. He's less dynamic in exchanges than he used to be. He would still land a lot of flush shots on Matthysse, but trading with Lucas is going to be dangerous no matter who you are. Would Manny still have the engine for 12 tough rounds? Maybe, maybe not. I guess his footwork might still be good enough to allow him to take breaks when he needed them, he could probably do a decent job as the matador in that match-up.
                      It's not going to be 12 tough rounds imo. Same old formula, for every punch Matthysse lands Pacquiao lands 5 - with power. Kind of glad it's not happening, wouldn't want to see Matthysse get fkd up like Cotto.

People are underrating Pac again because he fought Marquez and two backfoot boxers in Bradley and Mosley.

Comment

Working...
                      X