Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matts beats Amir

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      You're probably right I was just so amped after this fight ended the way it did, but he's not fought anyone remotely like Mayweather before.
      Mate the dude is a beast,i always rated him but was actually shocked by the ease that he disposed of Peterson by,nobody at 140-147 could finish LP like that imo,i'm on the Lucas hype all the way,Garcia's face told me he was a monster

All i'm saying is Mayweather is a different level from literally everyone,i still think its an interesting fight though,because we know Matthysse can hurt a guy with one punch,even if it doesn't land clean

Lets face it though,it won't happen

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
        Mate the dude is a beast,i always rated him but was actually shocked by the ease that he disposed of Peterson by,nobody at 140-147 could finish LP like that imo,i'm on the Lucas hype all the way,Garcia's face told me he was a monster

All i'm saying is Mayweather is a different level from literally everyone,i still think its an interesting fight though,because we know Matthysse can hurt a guy with one punch,even if it doesn't land clean

Lets face it though,it won't happen
        I was shocked too, he never seemed troubled by anything Peterson did in there, not even the first round with all that movement. Just took his time and measured him for his left hook and right hand. He's definitely one of favorites right now, I have no doubt he'll beat Garcia, but it should still be a good fight while it lasts.

I'm just curious how Floyd reacts if he's on the ropes and Lucas lands a straight right to body. But unfortunately we may never now, like you said, but I really hope it happens. Almost more than the Canelo fight, probably more if he beats Garcia.

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
          Khan will say Matthysse is not known and that he doesn't need to fight him.

Mayweather would probably fight Matthysse-Garcia winner, but haters will say that Floyd is cherry picking.
          Mark my words, Floyd will never fight Matthysse. He'll fight Alvarez and Pac back to back before he ever steps in the ring with Matthysse. Get it out of your head, that fight will never happen.

For that matter, I'd be surprised if Alvarez ever risks a fight with Matthysse.

Garcia, on the other hand, he's got no excuse. He's gotta face Matthysse or watch Matthysse surpass him as the biggest draw in the 140 pound division.

Garcia/Matthysse coming to a threatre near you.... soon.

Comment

• Ref was a joke

Gave peterson a few extra seconds each time...

Comment

• Originally posted by ma51f View Post
              Ref was a joke

i was just about to say this. i just rewatched it. fucking smoger gave lucas a good shove everytime he broke them up. especially after the knockdowns, he gave lamont some seconds to breathe. horrible job by smoger tonight, and he's a ref i like.

Comment

• Floyd would absolutely school Matthysse and completely nullify his right.

Comment

• Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                  i was just about to say this. i just rewatched it. fucking smoger gave lucas a good shove everytime he broke them up. especially after the knockdowns, he gave lamont some seconds to breathe. horrible job by smoger tonight, and he's a ref i like.
                  Originally posted by ma51f View Post
                  Ref was a joke

I'm glad other people noticed this, was annoying as hell. Especially after the first KD in the 3rd when Peterson was badly hurt, he just kept shoving Matthysse back and asked Peterson questions, "Are you okay?' "Are you good?". That gives him to recover Steve, administer the count, wipe his gloves, and get the FUCK out of the way. Always liked his work, one of the best we have, never had any issues with how Smoger has reffed before and while admittedly it's not a major issue, it was still annoying and really bugged me at the time in the heat of the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                    Floyd would absolutely school Matthysse and completely nullify his right.
                    you realize that all three knockdowns were from left hooks, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                      you realize that all three knockdowns were from left hooks, right?
                      What does that have to do with anything?? Are you suggesting that Floyd struggles with the left hook thrown at him??

Edit: Sorry pal, my first post was meant to end with left, not right!!
                      Last edited by Jedi Vader; 05-19-2013, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X