Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matthysse by TKO, but it will not be a short fight. I say in 10 or 11 Pederson goes down.

Comment

Closer fight then people realize but I lean towards Matthysse by late KO

Comment

Lamont Peterson will win. If he doesn't like the power of Matthysse's punches, he will just box. If he starts off boxing but is losing, he will just start to fight. He'll make adjustments and that's why he's going to win. Matthysse will do one thing and that is come forward and throw power punches, if he tries anything else he will fail.

In a fight I thought Peterson lost, he did come back to make the fight closer against Ortiz because he made adjustments, who if I remember correctly was almost a MW on fight night, I think it was 156. That was a huge JWW Peterson was fighting. I don't think Matthysse is any powerful than Ortiz, he's certainly not bigger, unless the 163lbs on fight was true.

Comment

I'm taking bets for the first time in years. Serious, non-dead beat betters, give me a shout.

Peterson has the tools to beat this guy any way he wants. If Peterson gets scared of Matthysse's power, he can stink out the place and use his 5'9", 72" reach to outbox the 5' 6", shorter armed Matthysse to a clear UD. If Peterson starts to box, Matthysse would have to start lunging to land punches, chasing, getting outboxed. Fortunately for him, Peterson is tougher than that and will probably come forward and fight too.

The only danger I see for Peterson is the early rounds, the first 2-3 rounds where he is very very slow. If Matthysse starts fast, he can put those first 2-3 rounds in the bag, especially if he scores a KD which is possible. But once Peterson warms up and adjusts, which it WILL happen if Matthysse doesn't get him out there in the first 3 rounds. From rounds 4+, Peterson will give Matthysse hell.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I'm taking bets for the first time in years. Serious, non-dead beat betters, give me a shout.

Peterson has the tools to beat this guy any way he wants. If Peterson gets scared of Matthysse's power, he can stink out the place and use his 5'9", 72" reach to outbox the 5' 6", shorter armed Matthysse to a clear UD. If Peterson starts to box, Matthysse would have to start lunging to land punches, chasing, getting outboxed. Fortunately for him, Peterson is tougher than that and will probably come forward and fight too.

The only danger I see for Peterson is the early rounds, the first 2-3 rounds where he is very very slow. If Matthysse starts fast, he can put those first 2-3 rounds in the bag, especially if he scores a KD which is possible. But once Peterson warms up and adjusts, which it WILL happen if Matthysse doesn't get him out there in the first 3 rounds. From rounds 4+, Peterson will give Matthysse hell.

How much do you want to go?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

All my points to all your points.....deal?

Comment

There's like three topics on this now.

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                I'd say Peterson is the better boxer, but would deifnitley get outworked in the later ends of the fight by Matthysse.

Unless Peterson can make it possible to not get marked up and can make Matthysse look awkward.. he wouldn't win a fight, he would need a decision.

Matthysse by late tko.

Comment

I like Lamont, but it's a toss up because Lucas's power can change a fight at any time. Can Lamont go 12 rounds without getting caught too many times. Since the Judah/Alexander losses Lucas has really pushed the issue to take the power out of the judges hands and stay on top of his opponents. His stalking is kind of like a more methodical version of Brandon Rios with wayyyyyyyy better defense.
                  Last edited by hhwff3000; 02-26-2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I think Matthysse by KO. I like Peterson but he got wobbled by Holt and had been down a few times. I think Matthysse might be too much unless he can avoid getting hit

Comment

Matthyse is the most overrated fighter in boxing today. I don't even have him top 5 at 140. Garcia/Rios/Peterson even Khan would beat him. Khan would outbox him like he did to Maidana (who I also think is better than Matthyse)

Who has Matthyse beat thats any good?? Good win over Ajose for sure but other than that Alexander??? He lost fair and square to Judah who Khan beat down easily

The guy is seriously overrated and I can't wait to see Garcia/Peterson/Rios/Khan derail his overrated hype train.

Comment

Working...
                      X