No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    I was 1 of Mattysse's 1st supporters on here, I still am. I believe however, that Lucas isn't blowing Garcia way. I think that fight is a genuine 50/50 fight. Just because I feel that way doesn't mean I discredit Mattysse at all. It means I believe Garcia is a better fighter than Lamont.

I am the same way. If Garcia has a very solid chin, he will make a fight of it. He will get chin checked early though. If he takes it well the fight is then up for grabs. Matthysse will not be able to one punch hurt everyone. He couldn't do it to Soto and Soto had some great moments in their fight even though he is a much smaller guy. That fight was by no means a blowout and a fight of attrition.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw
      Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushbaby

I was 1 of Mattysse's 1st supporters on here, I still am. I believe however, that Lucas isn't blowing Garcia way. I think that fight is a genuine 50/50 fight. Just because I feel that way doesn't mean I discredit Mattysse at all. It means I believe Garcia is a better fighter than Lamont.

I am the same way. If Garcia has a very solid chin, he will make a fight of it. He will get chin checked early though. If he takes it well the fight is then up for grabs. Matthysse will not be able to one punch hurt everyone. He couldn't do it to Soto and Soto had some great moments in their fight even though he is a much smaller guy. That fight was by no means a blowout and a fight of attrition.
      Ajose took his shots too. He put a beating on him for 10 or 11 rounds. Matthysse is not like Donaire. Who if he cant KO you early he will get frustrated and load up with one punch all fight long.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• I'd love to see Peterson vs Ajose next. There's two guys who's styles would match up really well.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Ajose took his shots too. He put a beating on him for 10 or 11 rounds. Matthysse is not like Donaire. Who if he cant KO you early he will get frustrated and load up with one punch all fight long.

Yeah if you watch the Soto fight closely. There were times in that fight where Matthysse had to back up. He looked like he may have been stunned by combinations a couple times. Soto was hanging tough and the fight was even through 4, even though Matthysse was gaining momentum.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post

much smaller guy?

Soto was not the much smaller guy. He's actually fought at welterweight numerous times throughout his career (unlike Matthysse)

Comment

• Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
              much smaller guy?

Soto was not the much smaller guy. He's actually fought at welterweight numerous times throughout his career (unlike Matthysse)
              I am still trying to figure out how that was a hard fight for Lucas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post

Exactly. Soto quit on his stool just when Lucas was starting to warp up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suavecito80
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by E.P.T.

much smaller guy?

IMAGE#1

Lucas got hit so it must've been a hard fight.

Comment

• Lucas will have problem with slick fighters.....footwork is a bit awkward....

Comment

• So is it upset if Garcia KO him out?

Comment

Working...
                      X