Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Garcia could pull it off I'd give hime propsed cause til I think he has been a little overrated, I just don't see it. I would give him props if he could pull it off.

Comment

• I think he CAN, Matthysse is a MONSTER! A MACHINE! But he is not unbeatable by any stretch like some people are making him out to be, he can be out-boxed, Zab I thought completely out-boxed Matthysse the first 4-5 Rounds of that fight and he had no problems doing so, Zab success came when he stayed inside with Matthysse and was rolling punches and countering insides IN THE POCKET, he got in trouble when he starting back up and started getting trapped against the Ropes, to me that is when Matthysse is at his best when he is the HUNTER, when he is chasing down his opponents but if you keep him in the middle of the ring you can out-box him but your stamina has to be good and you have to be able to be slick and slippery inside to avoid his Power then counter him

Danny can win but it all depends on the strategy he uses, if he boxes like he did against Zab the first part of their fight then I think he can win, I think this is a 50/50 fight and both have the power to knock each other out
      Last edited by sicko; 05-20-2013, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• angel garcia for sure.
        Last edited by New England; 05-20-2013, 01:39 PM. Reason: called him israel :lol1:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          I wouldn't say beat but he has the capabilities in my opinion. Packs a really good punch, very good chin, controls distance well and is a good accurate counter puncher. It's a toss up in my opinion. Matthysse hasn't faced that kind of fighter with that ability. Matthysse on the attack leaves himself open as well.
          That's an accurate view of it. Both are very suseptible to getting hit - I think of the two...Garcia would get hit first and would be in trouble. Matthysse has a "little" bit more control than Garcia.

I'd say this for certain them two fighting would make for an explosive event with a guaranteed KO. If I'd have to choose - Matthysse would win the fight.

Comment

• I think Matthysse vs. Garcia is an all action fight and should happen next no matter what. Forget Floyd- I want LM to see this thing through and make the Garcia fight.

I think Lucas stops Garcia within 6 rounds, with a lot of trading from both guys.

But no I can't picture Garcia winning, I know he is undefeated and it makes this sound ludicrous but Danny Garcia has not displayed elite ability at any point IMO. I honestly feel his victories time and time again have had more to do with his opponent's ineffectiveness. Khan, Judah, Morales.. Big names but they are all suspect for one reason or another.

Comment

• Why is Angel Garcia so quiet about all of this? He is very vocal when it comes to opponents and has no problem giving his opinion but this time it seems like he went hiding .
              Last edited by Ant Dgk; 05-20-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pr23 View Post
                No I'm not comparing all I did was correct you the reason he got hurt at the end by Judah was from fatigue he wasn't even flinching the first 9 rounds. Now I agree matthysse power is much more than Judah n could hurt garcia but I don't believe he can just walk through garcias punches n not be hurt especially his hook

you keep mentioning garcias hook wich youve only seen against a glass chin khan and a old morales. judah hurt garcia multiple times and i felt he could of stopped garcia if he really wanted too but for some reason he took his foot off the pedal. Evertime judah caught gacia late garcia would freeze up. Im no fan of both but its clear who is the better fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                  you keep mentioning garcias hook wich youve only seen against a glass chin khan and a old morales. judah hurt garcia multiple times and i felt he could of stopped garcia if he really wanted too but for some reason he took his foot off the pedal. Evertime judah caught gacia late garcia would freeze up. Im no fan of both but its clear who is the better fighter.

good post! Kedall Holt and Nate Cambell were taking Garcias hooks all night. Everybody knew Khan was chinny and Morales was 97 years old.

Comment

• I think we are focusing on who has the most power a bit too much. Its like a guy with 100 million in the bank and a guy with 75 million in the bank...They can both do the same things up to a point. Garcia isn't as powerful as Lucas, but you are delusional if you think when Lucas lunges in and misses, and Garcia hits him with the same shot that spun Morales in a circle that Lucas is gonna take it and smile back at him.
                    Last edited by hhwff3000; 05-20-2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• IMO Peterson beats Garcia. I thought Matthysse would stop Garcia before the Peterson fight, and now I have no doubts.

Comment

Working...
                      X