No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero: It’s Going to be a Dogfight with Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    It was barely a year ago that all we were hearing from Robert Guerrero and his camp was about how he deserved a fight with Floyd Mayweather. But once the negotiations for Mayweather-Guerrero were actually under way earlier this year, Guerrero and his team were con****uously quiet.

Not anymore.

Mayweather-Guerrero will air on Showtime pay-per-view on May 4. And Guerrero has been making his rounds in the media, including an appearance on KNBR in San Francisco with Tom Tolbert in which he elaborated on why he believes he can beat the best boxer in the sport today. [Click Here To Read More]
    I'm happy that Ghost got the fight....I wanna see everybody get a phat pay day....but I know it won't be a dog fight....it'll be a bull fight....Ghost has no choice but to brawl, he has no other options against this opponent....he must play the bull and we all know the bull loses at the end....stuck and cut up...this will be no exception

Comment

Of course it's a UD for Floyd unless it is a sucker punch eh!

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
        i honestly think guerrero's stock is gonna rocket after this fight, even in defeat.
        I'm already more of a Guerrero fan just from his confidence about the fight on twitter. Even if he loses I'm sure he will only go up from here. And if he wins then he will get a lot more attention.

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
          Someone says its the commision, someone else said its Floyd I'm thinking more its the commision that chooses the refs however that commision being the Nevada State Athletic Commision I think Floyd does have some sway in the choice of ref just because of how much money his fights bring to Las Vegas
          Again, no, he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
            I Think Floyd is still the # 1 fighter in the world.... that doesnt change the fact that the fight was pretty close...

people act like Floyd was using Cotto as a human punching bag... fact is Mayweather was not able to get to Cotto much in the fight... Both guys defensively were great in that fight.... Floyd wasnt able to land much and Cotto clearly won some rounds...

Clear Cotto rounds.... 3,5,6,8

Close swing rounds .... 1,7,10

It was an extremely competitive fight.... offensively and defensively
            Rounds 3 and 5 were not clear Cotto rounds and Round 1 was not a swing round.

The only clear Cotto rounds in the fight were Round 6 and Round 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              I disagree, Cotto's did a lot of things right in that fight and took a degree of control that people have rarely had against Mayweather. He established his jab early, he imposed his strength on Floyd and put him on the back foot when they came together, he cut the ring off, and when he put it all together he scored when he had Floyd against the ropes by showing real discipline and not throwing wildly like most do in that position.

The point is that he was able to do this consistently and he established a better template for beating Mayweather than anyone since Castillo. No he didn't do enough to win the fight nor even make it a really close decision. But he did do an awful lot right and a very large number of observers gave him 4 of the first 8 rounds.

It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty damn good all the same. He had a very good strategy, and maybe a slightly better athlete, a slightly better puncher might be able to take it all the way to a decision over Floyd Mayweather. There was nothing in the Ortiz, Mosley, Marquez, or Hatton fights that could make you think that and that's why it was significant.
              Most of what Cotto did was ineffective in that fight bro. His most effective punch was the jab, and its not like he landed a ****load of those. And while he was able to cut the ring off and corner Floyd. He lost a helluva lot more than he won in those situations. All in all, Cotto performed better than expected. And when that happen, it gives the impression the underdog is doing more than he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Rounds 3 and 5 were not clear Cotto rounds and Round 1 was not a swing round.

The only clear Cotto rounds in the fight were Round 6 and Round 8.
                Agree completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                  the way the Ghost is talking and acting is reminding me of tarver when he was fighting roy. he's been calling floyd out. doesn't show him too much respect like ortiz and others have. he's definitly coming to win.
                  I disagree. In almost every interview, Guerrero has talked about Floyd slowing down or being more vunurable now. In my experience following boxing. Any time a guy harps on his opponent being at less than his best. It means that inhis heart,he knows that at his best, the other guy is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                    Guerrero needs Smoger for this fight
                    Smoger would be perfect. But i doubt it will be him. Plus refs seem to allow floyd to use his elbow when is up in close quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      Deal...I don't care about points anyway
                      DONE MANG !!!!!! ALL yer points against mine and I don't care either hahaha!!

Comment

Working...
                      X