No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko says he's not fighting David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    Chisora vs Haye was the best HW fight in 2012, what the hell are u talking about?
    Haye can't fight tall fighters, at least he can't fight them the way he fought Chisora. It would be snooze fest as Vitali won't be able to pressure as he used to.

Comment

Chisora vs Haye was the best HW fight in 2012, what the hell are u talking about?
      Fair enough. He deserves a pat on the back for that but Chisora has lost four of his last 5. His best win is Sam Sexton.

Like I said there are much better fights for Vitali, like Fury. Who knows if Haye will pull another betting scam or just not engage like he has in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        Haye can't fight tall fighters, at least he can't fight them the way he fought Chisora. It would be snooze fest as Vitali won't be able to pressure as he used to.
        Vatali fights nothing like his brother, while he is tall, he doesnt hide behind his jab and doesnt mind exchanging on the inside, if Chisora can land power shots on Vitali, Haye can land a hell of a lot more

Also Haye out landed Wlad in terms of power shots, Vitali is a much easier target to hit than Wlad

Audley Harrison was also tall as were some other oppenants
        Last edited by FrankieBruno; 02-25-2013, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
          Fair enough. He deserves a pat on the back for that but Chisora has lost four of his last 5. His best win is Sam Sexton.

Like I said there are much better fights for Vitali, like Fury. Who knows if Haye will pull another betting scam or just not engage like he has in the past?
          Fury doesnt stand a chance against Vitali, he doesnt have the power, he'll be taken out easily.

I dont think Fury will win his next fight

Comment

As mentioned above, Haye had just fought Chisroa in July. I don't like this timeline.

Whatever. If Haye really wanted to fight Vitali he should have stayed busy this fall and beat another contender, kept calling the Klitschkos out. Haye still thinks he is the shot caller, but he isn't. Don't get me wrong, I wanted this fight, but sitting in semi-retirement and expecting a title shot to be handed to you isn't getting him anywhere.

Haye has squandered his talent. He's still the 3rd best heavyweight in the world, but he doesn't have the interest to fight. May as well stay retired.

Comment

Vitali is a big coward

For years he called out Lennox Lewies for not giving him a rematch, and now he ducks Haye

Makes me sick that he holds a title, he has lost his balls, which bum will he fight next
              Vitali is age 41, Lennox was 37.

Haye never fought with Vitali, Vitali fought Lennox.

It makes me sick that the people who didn't want Haye to go through with fighting Vitali in 2009 when he was age 38 and still very good, want Haye to fight Vitali now that he's old and faded at age 41.

Haye should fight a prime heavyweight contender, and one who isn't coming off three straight losses (in Haye's own words "a three loss loser" ).

Comment

Haye had his chance many times. He played games for years. I give Vitali props for not giving in to Haye's childish bull****. Haye thought he was the one in charge and that he could manipulate things his way. He was severely mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  Lewis did the right thing and he had every right to retire as a great champion!
                  If he beat Vitali in a better fashion that would rank him even higher. Their fight didn't tell me who is the better fighter.

It told me that Lennox was much more experienced fighter, that Vitali is definitely at Lennox's level and that prime Vitali (and in that fight Vitali wasn't in his prime) would be a very tough job for any fighter in the history of boxing.

Beating Vitali and beting Haye is incomparable. Vitali dominated the division together with his brother for a decade.
                  It should have told you that Vitali was not fit to carry Lewis' jock!

Lewis had trained for a scrub and took the fight with Vitali short notice....Kirk Johnson or some fatball small heavywieght with no power. People forget this, and Lewis was in horrible shape....I will never understand why he took the fight with Vitali under these circumstances but he did.

Lewis took the best Vitali could dish out and "bad chin and all" gave it as good as he got.

Looking at the comp they fought? that is the final piece of the puzzle, Lewis was much better than Vitali.

BTW you make a good point about Haye namely...Why doesn't he just ask for a rematch with Vlad? I agree

Comment

Working...
                  X